Dixit (card game)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013)|
Box cover of Dixit
|Players||3 to 6|
|Age range||8 and up|
|Playing time||30 minutes|
Dixit is a card game created by Jean-Louis Roubira, and published by Libellud. In 2010, it won the Spiel des Jahres award. Its title is Latin for "she/he said", a frequent sentence beginning in old narrations.
Each player starts the game with 6 random cards. Players then take turns being the storyteller. The player whose turn it is to be storyteller looks at the 6 images in his hand. From one of these, he makes up a sentence or phrase and says it out loud (without showing the card to the other players).
The other players then select among their 6 images the one that best matches the sentence made up by the storyteller.
Then, each of them gives their selected card to the storyteller, without showing it to the others. The storyteller shuffles his chosen card with all the cards he received from the other players. All pictures are then shown face up, randomly, and every player has to bet upon what picture was the storyteller's.
If nobody or everybody finds the correct picture, the storyteller scores 0, and each of the other players scores 2. Otherwise the storyteller and all players who found the correct answer score 3. Players other than the storyteller score 1 point for each vote their own pictures receive.
The game ends when the card deck is empty. The player with the highest point total wins the game.
An iOS app for Dixit was released in 2011.
- Dixit 2 (expansion sold as Dixit Quest)
- Dixit Odyssey (Is both a standalone game and an expansion for Dixit)
- Dixit 3 (standalone game sold as Dixit 4: Journey)
- Dixit 4 (expansion)
- Seven promotional cards (the cowboy, the gift, the bunny, the flying carpet, the Earth, the harp and the dragon)
In total there are 427 published cards. Every deck has 84 cards, plus the 7 promotional cards.
- 2009 Golden Ace, French Game of the Year Winner
- 2009 JdA 2009 - Juego de mesa del Año 2009 en España, Spanish Game of the Year
- 2009 Les 3 Lys, General Audience Winner
- 2009 Games 100, Best Party Games
- 2009 Tric Trac de Bronze Winner.
- 2009 AbreOJogo Gateway Game of the Year, Winner
- 2009 Premio del Público al Juego del Festival Córdoba (Audience Award), Winner
- 2009 Joker 2009 catégorie "familles", Winner
- 2010 Gra Roku, Polish Game of the Year Nomination
- 2010 Spiel des Jahres, German Game of the Year, Winner.