|Initial release||May 2007|
|Stable release||3.0.6 / 7 October 2014|
|Type||Content management system|
django CMS 1.0 was initially authored by Thomas Steinacher. django CMS 2.0 was a complete rewrite based on a fork of django-page-cms. django CMS 3.0 was another major release. Main development of django CMS was by Divio AG. The complete list of contributors is available here.
As of 9 April 2014[update], django CMS 3.0 is compatible with Django versions 1.4,1.5 or 1.6.
django CMS is available in several languages. As of September 2012[update], seventeen languages have achieved 100% translation status, ten more languages over 80%, and a total of forty (40) languages with at least some translation.
- Edit all plugins within the page.
- Reusable plugins
- Use django CMS plugins in your own apps.
- Flexible Plugin Architecture
- Build flexible pages with a wide range of plugins.
- Search Engine Optimization
- The structure of the pages is optimized for indexing.
- Editorial workflow
- Workflows for publishing and approval.
- Permission Management
- Set specific rights to different users.
- Each modification of the page will be saved. You can restore any state you wish.
- Administer multiple websites over the same admin interface.
- Support for different languages (i.e. Arabic, Chinese or Russian)
- Applications (Apps)
- Add apps to different pages of the CMS.
- Media Asset Manager (MAM)
- MAM allows you to manage all kind of assets (pictures, PDFs, videos and other documents).
- Stadler Rail on their site .
- Affichage on their site .
- Vodafone Developer on their site .
- PBS Arts on their site .
- Libération on their site .
- Orange Switzerland on their site .
- "Developers". django-cms.org. Retrieved 2009-09-22.
- "Django CMS Apps Comparison". djangoproject.com. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- "Languages used by Django CMS". github.com. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- "Transifex Translations for Django CMS". transifex.net. Retrieved 2009-11-22.
- "Developers". django-cms.org. Retrieved 2009-12-09. — a list of developers, and tools used.