Djinn (Dungeons & Dragons)
A djinn, from the 1977 Monster Manual
The djinn appeared in first edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons in the original Monster Manual (1977). Aeraldoth, Vizier to the Caliph of the Djinn appeared in the adventure module Oasis of the White Palm (1983).
The djinn appeared in second edition under the "genie" heading in Monstrous Compendium Volume One (1989), and in the Monstrous Manual (1993). The noble djinni and the Great Caliph of the djinn appeared for the Al-Qadim setting in the Monstrous Compendium Al-Qadim Appendix (1992). The djinni appeared under the genie of Zakhara heading in the Land of Fate boxed set (1992).
The djinn appeared in the fourth edition in Monster Manual 2 (2009).
The djinn are genies from the Elemental Plane of Air.
- Gygax, Gary, and Dave Arneson. Dungeons & Dragons (3-Volume Set) (TSR, 1974)
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual (TSR, 1977)
- Cook, David "Zeb", et al. Monstrous Compendium Volume One (TSR, 1989)
- Stewart, Doug, ed. Monstrous Manual (TSR, 1993)
- Baur, Wolfgang and Steve Kurtz. Monstrous Compendium Al-Qadim Appendix (TSR, 1992)
- Williams, Skip, Jonathan Tweet, and Monte Cook. Monster Manual (Wizards of the Coast, 2000)