|Stable release||6.1 / January 15, 2014|
|Type||Learning management system|
|License||GPL V 2.0|
Docebo is a SAAS/Cloud platform for e-learning, also known as a learning management system. From the Latin word, docere, Docebo is used for corporate learning and has interfaces for videoconferencing and HR systems. Using an online system for learning and training cuts down time needed and costs that would be used on such things as printing and distributing materials. Docebo is compatible with SCORM 1.2 and 2004 as well as Tin Can. Developed by Docebo Srl, the program was originally released under a GPL V. 2.0 license with no licensing costs. The program now operates as a cloud-hosted software as a service platform as well as being third-party compatible. It currently runs version 6.1. The company using the platform loads a course, creates a username and password for employees, and tracks the progress of its users. Docebo is available in 30 languages. While the primary users of Docebo are midsized companies, it is also assessable for large companies and SMEs.
In 2005, Claudio Erba founded Docebo. Erba had previously been working at the University of Florence as a computer consultant when a customer asked for a storage solution for teaching material. The storage solution evolved into what is now Docebo. In 2006, Seeweb invested € 150 thousand in the start up.
In 2012, Docebo received € 2.4 million in funding from Principia II. In July 2013, Docebo entered into an alliance with Rysto. The agreement benefits both companies as Rysto gains a more international presence and Docebo added catering training and work to its repertoire. Later that same year, Docebo opened an office in Athens, Georgia.
- "La nuova Italia che avanza: Docebo". Corriere Della Sera. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "10 Alternatives to Moodle". Open Source. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "Docebo LMS". Dynamic Inventions. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "Docebo spinge l’e-learning nella nuvola". Wired.IT. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "Docebo: trasformare la formazione in un servizio". Business Community. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "Docebo: e-learning as a service". Tom's Hardware. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "The Ultimate List of Cloud-Based Learning Management Systems". eLearning Industry. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "Security Vulnerabilities". CVE Details. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "Claudio Erba di Docebo". Indigenidigitali. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "Docebo come vendere l’e-learning agli americani". Economia & Finanza. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "Docebo, l'e-learning made in Italy che viaggia nel mondo". EconomyUP. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "Docebo con il "Cloud E-Learning" rivoluziona il mercato della formazione aziendale online". La Stampa. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "Rysto-Docebo: formazione e lavoro nella ristorazione". PMI. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "INTERVIEW WITH DOCEBO FOLLOWING RELEASE OF WP OPEN SOURCE LMS INTEGRATION PLUG-IN". Training Station. Retrieved 2014-01-23.