|Nickname(s): DB Pur|
|Elevation||880 m (2,890 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2001[update] India census, Doddaballapura had a population of 71,509. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Doddaballapura has a high literacy rate of 68%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 73%, and female literacy is 62%. In Doddaballapura, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Development and Economy
Doddaballapura is about 40 km from Bangalore towards North on Bangalore-Hindupur state highway (SH-9). This town was once known for weaving silk. Many families in Doddaballapura depend on power looms. There is a very big industrial area in Bashettihalli, which is around 6 km from Doddaballapura. This industrial area houses a large number of industries. the site of the upcoming $22 billion, 12,000-acre (49 km2) BIAL IT Investment Region, the largest IT region in India and one of the largest infrastructure projects in Karnataka's history.
- Deputy superintendent of Police office, Doddaballapur Sub-Division
- Assistant Commissioner(Revenue)office, Doddaballapur Sub-Division
- Commercial Tax Officer office, Doddaballapur Sub-Division
- Assistant Executive Engineer(BESCOM)office, Doddaballapur Sub-Division
- Assistant Registrar (cooperative societies) office, Doddaballapur Sub-Division
- Senior Assistant Director(Horticulture)office, Doddaballapur Sub-Division
- Executive Engineers TL&SS (KPTCL)office, Doddaballapur Division
- Assistant Executive Engineers TL&SS (KPTCL) office, Sub-Division
- RL Jalappa Institute of Technology,Kodigehalli
- Sri kongadiyappa PG College,Doddaballapur
- Sri Kongadiyappa First Grade College,Doddaballapur
- Sri Devaraj Urs Institute of Management,Kodigehalli
- Bengaluru School of Management Studies,Nagadenahalli
- Government First Grade College for Women,Doddaballapur
- Malva Evening College of Arts Commerce Yogic Science,DOddabalapur
- Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology,Doddaballapur
- Government First Grade College,Doddaballapur
- Sri Kongadiyappa PU College,Doddaballapur
- Sri Devaraj Urs PU College,Kodigehalli
- Lavanya Composite PU COllege,Doddaballapur
- Sri Aravinda Ded College,Doddaballapur
- Government PU College,DODDABELAVANGALA
- Government PU College,Kanasawadi
- Government PU College,Tubagere
- Government PU College,Doddaballapur
- Government PU College,Konaghatta
- SRI ARAVIND EVENING PU COLLEGE,Doddaballapur
- SRI MABL COMP PU COLLEGE,DODDABALLAPUR
- Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College, Kodigehalli
- Atreya Ayurvedic Research Center , Kodigehalli
- Lavanya Bed College,Doddaballapur
- SRI ARAVIND ITI College,Doddaballapur
- Government ITI college doddaballapur
- Lakshmamma PU College,Koligere
- Sri Siddaganga ITI College,Purushanahalli
- Sri Siddaganga Ded College,Purushanahalli
- Sathishchandra Ded College,Koligere
- Vidyanidhi PU College,Doddaballapur
- Sri kongadiyappa MBA College,Doddaballapur
- IL&FS Institute of Skills,Doddaballapur
- Sri Vinayaka College of Physical Education,Doddaballapur
Doddaballapura receives scanty rainfall compared to other cachement areas in Karnataka. This is one of the reasons for water scarcity in the town as well as in villages surrounding Doddaballapura. Most of the underground water is often depleted due to low rainfall.
There are several historical temples in Terina Beedhi, Doddaballapura like Sri Venkateshwara Swamy temple, Chowdeshwari temple, Neladaanjaneya temple, Shankara matha, Someshwara temple, Kashi Vishweshwara temple, Panduranga Swami temple, Prasanna Anjenaya Swami temple (near railway station), Venugopalaswami temple, Muthyalamma temple, Sadhanandara matha, Saptha mathruke Sri mariyamma temple(karaga temple),Dharmaraya Swamy temple etc. Every year Brahmarathotsava is held in Sri Venkateshwara Swamy temple in the month of Magha Masa where lot of people from far away places gather to offer prayers and also world famous Karaga festival happens every year in the month of May/June(on the day of buddha Poornima).
Some of the other landmarks in Doddaballapura include Raamannana Bhaavi, Naagara kere, YMCA, Government Teaching School, Railway station, Navodhaya School, etc.
Places of interest around Doddaballapura
- Shani Mahathma Temple : Chikka Madhure (Kanasawadi)
- Ghati Subramanya Temple: Subrahmanya is one of Hinduism's important Gods. Subrahmanya is also called as Karthikeya, Shanmuga, Saravana and Muruga. Subrahmanya is the youngest son of Lord Shiva. The specialty of this temple is that it has two gods - on the front side there is Surbrahmanya and the rear side is Narashima. One can see both the gods at the same time. For viewing the god on the rear side, there is a mirror. The temple is about 60 kilometers from Bangalore.
- HulluKudi Hills : Hanabe
- Makali Durga Hills : Sri Subramanya Ghati
- Sri Raghavendra Swamy Matha: Lakkasandra.
- Prasanna Lakshmi Venkateshwara Swamy Temple : Tubagere
- Bete Ranganatha Swamy Temple : Hulikunte
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.