Dodge City Regional Airport
|Dodge City Regional Airport|
|USGS 1991 orthophoto|
|IATA: DDC – ICAO: KDDC – FAA LID: DDC|
|Owner||City of Dodge City|
|Serves||Dodge City, Kansas|
|Elevation AMSL||2,594 ft / 791 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Dodge City Regional Airport (IATA: DDC, ICAO: KDDC, FAA LID: DDC) is a city-owned public-use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) east of the central business district of Dodge City, in Ford County, Kansas, United States. It is mostly used for general aviation, but is also served by one commercial airline. Service is subsidized by the Essential Air Service program.
This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a non-primary commercial service facility (between 2,500 and 10,000 enplanements per year). As per Federal Aviation Administration records, the airport had 4,701 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 3,373 enplanements in 2009, and 3,853 in 2010.
Facilities and aircraft 
Dodge City Regional Airport covers an area of 451 acres (183 ha) at an elevation of 2,594 feet (791 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 14/32 is 6,899 by 100 feet (2,103 x 30 m) and 2/20 is 4,649 by 100 feet (1,417 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending January 31, 2008, the airport had 23,501 aircraft operations, an average of 64 per day: 77% general aviation, 16% scheduled commercial, 6% air taxi, and 1% military. At that time there were 33 aircraft based at this airport: 82% single-engine and 18% multi-engine.
Airline and destinations 
The following airline offers scheduled passenger service:
|Great Lakes Airlines||Denver, Liberal|
Top destinations 
|1||Denver, CO||3,000||Great Lakes|
See also 
- Dodge City Army Airfield which later became Dodge City Municipal Airport (now closed)
- FAA Airport Master Record for DDC ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective August 25, 2011.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
Other sources 
- Essential Air Service documents (Docket DOT-OST-1998-3502) from the U.S. Department of Transportation:
- Order 2009-9-5: re-selecting Great Lakes Aviation, Ltd., to provide essential air service (EAS) at Dodge City, Garden City, Great Bend, Hays, and Liberal for the two-year period from October 1, 2009, through September 30, 2011, at combined annual subsidy rates of $8,897,565.
- Order 2011-10-24: re-selecting Great Lakes Aviation, Ltd., to provide essential air service (EAS) at Dodge City for $1,688,598 annual subsidy.
- Dodge City Regional Airport at Dodge City web site
- Crotts Aircraft Service, the fixed base operator (FBO)
- Aerial image as of September 1991 from USGS The National Map
- PDF from Kansas DOT Airport Directory
- (PDF), effective May 2, 2013
- FAA Terminal Procedures for DDC, effective May 2, 2013
- Resources for this airport: