Dodge City Regional Airport
|Dodge City Regional Airport|
|IATA: DDC – ICAO: KDDC – FAA LID: DDC|
|Owner||City of Dodge City|
|Serves||Dodge City, Kansas|
|Elevation AMSL||2,594 ft / 791 m|
Dodge City Regional Airport (IATA: DDC, ICAO: KDDC, FAA LID: DDC) is a city owned, public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) east of the central business district of Dodge City, in Ford County, Kansas, United States. It is mostly used for general aviation, but is also served by one commercial airline. Service is subsidized by the Essential Air Service program.
The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 categorized it as a non-primary commercial service facility. As per the Federal Aviation Administration, this airport had 4,701 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 3,373 in 2009 and 3,853 in 2010.
Dodge City Regional Airport covers an area of 451 acres (183 ha) at an elevation of 2,594 feet (791 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 14/32 is 6,899 by 100 feet (2,103 x 30 m) and 2/20 is 4,649 by 100 feet (1,417 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending January 31, 2008, the airport had 23,501 aircraft operations, an average of 64 per day: 77% general aviation, 16% scheduled commercial, 6% air taxi, and 1% military. At that time 33 aircraft were based at this airport: 82% single-engine and 18% multi-engine.
Airline and destinations
The following airline offers scheduled passenger service:
|Great Lakes Airlines||Denver, Liberal|
|Carrier||Passengers (arriving and departing)|
|1||Denver, CO||Denver International (DEN)||5,760||5,550|
|2||Liberal, KS||Liberal Mid-America Regional (LBL)||10||30|
- Dodge City Army Airfield which later became Dodge City Municipal Airport (now closed)
- FAA Airport Master Record for DDC ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective August 25, 2011.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
- "Dodge City, KS: Dodge City Regional (DDC)". Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS), Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA), U.S. Department of Transportation. December 2013. Retrieved June 22, 2014.
- Essential Air Service documents (Docket DOT-OST-1998-3502) from the U.S. Department of Transportation:
- Order 2009-9-5 (September 11, 2009): re-selecting Great Lakes Aviation, Ltd., to provide essential air service (EAS) at Dodge City, Garden City, Great Bend, Hays, and Liberal for the two-year period from October 1, 2009, through September 30, 2011, at combined annual subsidy rates of $8,897,565. Dodge City, Kansas: Docket OST-1998-3497; Effective Period: Start of Denver-Only service through September 30, 2011; Scheduled Service: 12 nonstop and 12 one-stop round trips per week to Denver; Aircraft: Beech 1900, 19-seats.
- Order 2011-10-24 (October 31, 2011): re-selecting Great Lakes Aviation, Ltd., to provide essential air service (EAS) at Dodge City for $1,688,598 annual subsidy. Effective Period: Two-year period beginning when American Eagle begins full EAS (at Garden City) through the 24th month thereafter. Dodge City: 17 nonstop round trips per week to Denver. Aircraft: Beech 1900.
- Order 2014-3-9 (March 14, 2014): re-selects Great Lakes Airlines at Dodge City and Liberal, Kansas. Dodge City, Kansas: Docket 1998-3502; Effective Period: May 1, 2014, through July 31, 2016; Service: Eighteen (18) nonstop round trips per week to Denver (DEN); Aircraft Type: Beech 1900; Annual Subsidy: $2,339,131.
- Dodge City Regional Airport at Dodge City web site
- Crotts Aircraft Service, the fixed base operator (FBO)
- Aerial image as of September 1991 from USGS The National Map
- PDF from Kansas DOT Airport Directory
- (PDF), effective December 11, 2014
- FAA Terminal Procedures for DDC, effective December 11, 2014
- Resources for this airport: