Dodge City Regional Airport
|Dodge City Regional Airport|
|USGS 1991 orthophoto|
|IATA: DDC – ICAO: KDDC – FAA LID: DDC|
|Owner||City of Dodge City|
|Serves||Dodge City, Kansas|
|Elevation AMSL||2,594 ft / 791 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Dodge City Regional Airport (IATA: DDC, ICAO: KDDC, FAA LID: DDC) is a city-owned public airport three miles east of Dodge City, in Ford County, Kansas. It is used for general aviation but sees one airline, subsidized by the Essential Air Service program.
This airport is in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which called it a non-primary commercial service facility (between 2,500 and 10,000 enplanements per year). Federal Aviation Administration records say the airport had 4,701 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 3,373 in 2009 and 3,853 in 2010.
Facilities and aircraft
Dodge City Regional Airport covers 451 acres (183 ha) at an elevation of 2,594 feet (791 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt runways: 14/32 is 6,899 by 100 feet (2,103 x 30 m) and 2/20 is 4,649 by 100 feet (1,417 x 30 m).
In the year ending January 31, 2008 the airport had 23,501 aircraft operations, average 64 per day: 77% general aviation, 16% scheduled commercial, 6% air taxi, and 1% military. 33 aircraft were then based at this airport: 82% single-engine and 18% multi-engine.
Airline and destinations
Scheduled passenger service:
|Great Lakes Airlines||Denver, Liberal|
|1||Denver, CO||3,000||Great Lakes|
- Dodge City Army Airfield which later became Dodge City Municipal Airport (now closed)
- FAA Airport Master Record for DDC ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective August 25, 2011.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
- Essential Air Service documents (Docket DOT-OST-1998-3502) from the U.S. Department of Transportation:
- Order 2009-9-5: re-selecting Great Lakes Aviation, Ltd., to provide essential air service (EAS) at Dodge City, Garden City, Great Bend, Hays, and Liberal for the two-year period from October 1, 2009, through September 30, 2011, at combined annual subsidy rates of $8,897,565.
- Order 2011-10-24: re-selecting Great Lakes Aviation, Ltd., to provide essential air service (EAS) at Dodge City for $1,688,598 annual subsidy.
- Dodge City Regional Airport at Dodge City web site
- Crotts Aircraft Service, the fixed base operator (FBO)
- Aerial image as of September 1991 from USGS The National Map
- PDF from Kansas DOT Airport Directory
- (PDF), effective November 14, 2013
- FAA Terminal Procedures for DDC, effective November 14, 2013
- Resources for this airport: