|Doe Avedon Siegel|
|Born||Dorcas Marie Nowell
April 7, 1925
Old Westbury, New York
|Died||December 23, 2011
|Spouse(s)||Richard Avedon (m. 1944–49) (divorced)
Dan Mathews (widowed)
Don Siegel (m. 1957–71) (divorced), four children
Doe Avedon (born Dorcas Marie Nowell; April 7, 1925 – December 18, 2011) was a model and actress who starred in several feature movies. She played the recurring role of Diane Walker on the Big Town television series (1955–56).
Funny Face inspiration
In the 1957 movie Funny Face, the role of Jo, played by Audrey Hepburn is based on the beginning of Dorcas's career as a model. The role of Dick Avery, played by Fred Astaire was based on fashion photographer Richard Avedon, who became her husband and whose idea it was to change her name from Dorcas to Doe.
- Jigsaw (credited as Betty Harper, 1949)
- The High and the Mighty (1954)
- Deep in My Heart (1954)
- Love Streams (1984)
- Ronald Bergan Obituary: Doe Avedon, The Guardian, 26 December 2011
- "Doe Avedon, Fashion Model and Actress, Dies at 86". New York Times. December 23, 2011.
- Obituary Los Angeles Times, December 24, 2011; p.AA5
|This biography article about a United States actor-model is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States film and television actor or actress born in the 1920s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|