|Elevation||3,540 ft (1,080 m)|
|Population (2014 Census)|
Dokolo is located approximately 58 kilometres (36 mi), by road, southeast of Lira, the largest city in the sub-region. This location lies approximately 236 kilometres (147 mi), by road, northeast of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and the largest city in the country. The coordinates of the town are:01 55 07N, 33 10 12E (Latitude:1.9185; Longitude:33.1700). Dokolo lies on the main highway, A-104, between Lira and Soroti.
In 2002, the national population census estimated the town's population at about 13,200. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of the town at about 17,500. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Dokolo at approximately 18,100. In 2014, the national population census put the population of Dokolo at 19,810
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to the edges of town:
- The headquarters of Dokolo District Administration
- The offices of Dokolo Town Council
- Dokolo Central Market
- A branch of DFCU Bank - One of the licensed commercial banks in Uganda
- UBOS, . (27 August 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "Road Distance Between Dokolo And Lira With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Dokolo With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Dokolo In 2002, 2010 And 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- Ssejjoba, Eddie (28 September 2009). "Dokolo District To Get Power". New Vision. Retrieved 2 June 2014.