|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2009)|
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009)|
Lenz, whose birth name is Idaliz Camino, was born in the Bronx to a Spanish immigrant father. She bought her first apartment at age 18 on Park Avenue in the Murray Hill neighborhood. She was an accountant at United Artists where she struck up a friendship with Barbra Streisand. She began selling real estate in various agencies including Sotheby's before moving to Prudential's Douglas Elliman agency in 1999. She would become vice chairman of the division in 2003.
Lenz left Douglas Elliman to start her eponymous firm in June 2013. “She is probably pursuing an opportunity where she can leverage her brand, but this is just an outsider’s opinion,” said Town Residential CEO Andrew Heiberger of her exit.
- Dolly Lenz on #1 Award: 'I Literally Got In the Car and Went Down There and Left' New York Observer - February 14, 2008
- Dolly Lenz The $7 Billion Sales Whiz - Forbes Life Executive Woman - Winter 2008
- I. Dolly Lenz - Real Estate Journal - November 13, 2007
- Clarke, Katherine (June 12, 2013). "Dolly Lenz leaving Elliman: sources". The Real Deal (magazine). Retrieved June 8, 2013.
- New York's real-estate queen; Face Value." The Economist (US). Economist Newspaper Ltd. 2005. Retrieved January 30, 2009 from HighBeam Research: http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-136198193.html