Dollywood's Splash Country
|Dollywood's Splash Country|
Dollywood's Splash Country
|Slogan||"Creating Memories Worth Repeating."|
|Location||Dollywood, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, United States|
|Owner||Herschend Family Entertainment Corporation Dolly Parton|
|Previous names||Dolly's Splash Country|
|Area||35 acres (142,000 m2)|
|Water slides||27 in 13 areas water slides|
|Website||Dollywood's Splash Country|
Dollywood's Splash Country is a water park located in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, adjacent to the Dollywood theme park. The park's central theme rests around entertainer Dolly Parton’s childhood swimming in the rivers of the Great Smoky Mountains. Its season lasts from the end of May to the middle of September.
Rides and attractions
Non-height requirement attractions
These rides have no height requirement, although are not always gentle.
- Bear Mountain Fire Tower - This is an outdoor multi-level children’s attraction that consist of seven slides and a large wooden bucket timed to dump approximately 300 gallons every few minutes.
- The Cascades - This is a 8,000 sq ft (740 m2) area which contains a cascading waterfall, an active 20 ft (6.1 m) geyser, a swift body slide, a gangplank shaped shallow water slide, contoured seating, a zero-depth children's play area with 25 interactive theming elements, and 24,000 sq ft (2,200 m2) of tiered deck space.
- Down Bound Float Trip - This is an outdoor attraction is a 1,000 ft (300 m) lazy river.
- Little Creek Falls - This outdoor attraction is strictly for children 48" and under and contains a pool, slides, and activity structure.
- Mountain Waves - This is an outdoor attraction consisting of a 25,000 sq ft (2,300 m2) wave pool.
- Big Bear Plunge - This outdoor attraction allows Guests in groups of 3 or 4 to raft on a white water themed water slide.
- The Butterfly - This is a double waterslide where Guests slide down 55 ft (17 m) and take a plunge in a butterfly-shaped pool and is the second fastest ride on the park.
- Fire Tower Falls - This outdoor attraction consist of twin water slides which rise 70 feet (21 m) in the air and is the fastest ride on the property.
- Mountain Scream - This outdoor attraction consists of three separate slides. Two of the slides are tunnel slides, and one is an open slide.
- Mountain Twist - This is an outdoor attraction consisting of a 42 ft (13 m) long open slide where a single person slides down on a mat.
- Raging River Rapids - This is an outdoor attraction where groups of 3 to 5 Guests can raft down a 700 ft (210 m) slide.
- Slick Rock Racer - This multi-lane mat racer consists of 300 ft (91 m) long channels where single riders race up to 3 other riders in a race to the finish.
- Swift Water Run - This outdoor attraction send riders around a cork screw funnel before sending them out through a tunnel into a 1.5 ft (0.46 m) deep run out.
- Wild River Falls - This outdoor attraction consists of four slides where single or double riders zip down a fully or partially enclosed flume into a splash pool.
- River Rush - This outdoor water coaster will blast you up and down as you sling shot past trees, and twist through hairpin turns with rushing water. You must be at least 42 inches tall to ride.
Food and beverage establishments
- Brush Fire Grill - Located in front of Bear Mountain Fire Tower, this food establishment serves chicken cheese steak and grilled chicken sandwiches.
- Depot Grill - Located beside Brush Fire Grill, this food establishment serves a selection of barbecue chicken and pork cooked in a unique steam locomotive-shaped barbecue.
- Cascades Lemonade - Located in the Cascades, this beverage establishment serves frozen lemonade and a variety of other frozen drinks.
- High Country Provisions - Located on the deck of Mountain Waves, this food establishment serves drinks and a variety of snacks and new for 2009 "philly cheese steaks".
- Low Country Snacks - Located in front of Riverside Trading Post, this food establishment serves bottled drinks, ice cream bars, and other snacks.
- Campsite Grill - Located in front of Down Bound Float Trip, this food establishment has ample seating and offers a selection of hamburgers, garden burgers, chicken sandwiches and chicken tenders, specialty desserts such as strawberry shortcake and triple chocolate cake, and beverages.
- Miss Mamie's - Located behind Campsite Grill, this food establishment serves a selection of personal-pan pizzas and drinks.
- Outpost Snacks - Located in front of Mountain Waves, this establishment offers a variety of hot dogs and chili along with nachos and drinks.
- Uncle Elmer's - Located behind Campsite Grill, this food establishment offers a selection of flatbread wraps filled with grilled or fried chicken and nachos and drinks.
- Shaded Rentals, Dollywood's Splash Country offers sixteen Riverside / Waterside Retreats measuring approximately 14 ft (4.3 m) by 21 ft (6.4 m) that offer 200 sq ft (19 m2) of shaded space and an additional 100 sq ft (9.3 m2) of sun deck. Net drapes provide seclusion as Guests enjoy a 27 in (69 cm) satellite television (select programming), two ceiling fans, and a dining table with six dining chairs and four lounge chairs. A hospitality staff provides room service to each retreat, included in rental fee. Daily rental fees apply for up to twelve people (linens, food, beverages, and park admission are not included with rental fee). Smaller private shade structures, Canopies, are also available.
- Big River Pavilion is a groups facility with seating for up to 96 Guests. Open on three sides and having food service, drink stations, and restrooms, Big River Pavilion offers large groups a catered venue for company or family outings. Catering fees not included in park admission.
- Riverside Trading Post sells souvenirs and most swimming supplies including towels, bathing suits, sunblock, swim diapers, etc.
Dollywood's Splash Country has a First Aid Station located near Big Bear Plunge with licensed medical personnel on duty at all times during operating hours.
Tubes are provided at no additional charge for the wave pool, lazy river, and tube slides.
Showers, changing areas, restrooms, family restrooms, and baby care centers are readily available.
A limited number of strollers and wheelchairs are available for daily rental.
Daily locker rentals are available.
The park is staffed by an award-winning Jeff Ellis and Associates certified lifeguard team.
Opened in May 2001 in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, Dolly's Splash Country was an addition to the Dollywood Company's theme park. To decide on a name for the park, Dolly Parton held a contest to come up with the most original name. Parton received over 16,000 entries. John Torres' entry won, and he and his family were rewarded with 5 years' worth of seasonal passes and a canoe that was signed by Dolly Parton. The park was built into the natural terrain of a 25 acres (101,000 m2) mountain area adjacent to Dollywood theme park. The park was a $20 million investment by the Dollywood Company. The park opened with attractions such, as Mountain Waves, Raging River Rapids, the Downbound Float Trip lazy river, The Butterfly, Little Creek Falls, Wild River Falls, and the three body slides of the Mountain Scream.
In 2003, a $1.5 million, 2-acre (8,100 m2) expansion called Raintree Hollow opened featuring Soaker Springs, and Mountain Twist.
Dollywood's Splash Country added Big Bear Plunge in 2004. In 2004, the park also changed its name from Dolly’s Splash Country to Dollywood’s Splash Country. Also new in 2004, the Riverside Retreats. Units measuring approximately 14 ft (4.3 m) by 21 ft (6.4 m) that offer 200 sq ft (19 m2) of shaded space and an additional 100-square-foot (9.3 m2) sun deck. Amenities of retreats includes ceiling fans, satellite television, and room service.
In 2005, the park opened the Bear Mountain Fire Tower.
Dollywood's Splash Country added an attraction consisting of twin speed slides called Fire Tower Falls in 2006.
In 2007, the park expanded by constructing The Cascades. Also this year, the park doubled its number of "retreats" to 16 by adding 8 Cascades retreats.
In 2008, the park added SwiftWater Run, a cork screw water slide, replacing the Soaker Springs area.
In 2009, Dollywood's Splash Country added Philly Cheese Steak and others to the menu. According to the cause of bad economy, Dollywood's Splash Country did not add any new attractions this year.
In 2010, Dollywood's Splash Country added Slick Rock Racer, a four lane mat slide that spans 300 ft (91 m) in length. The ride starts with an initial dip to build speed, allowing riders to gain additional momentum, to propel them to the finish. This ride is a $1 million expansion, located between Mountain Twist and Raging River Rapids.
In 2013, Dollywood's Splash Country splashed even more with the addition of River Rush. It uses ProSlide Technology to help the raft blast up and down hills. Also to top it off, Dollywood's Splash Country introduced the Time Saver Pass which allows visitors to by-pass the normal wait and get them on the ride quicker and also Dollywood's Splash Country adapted a new logo.
In 2015, Dollywood's Splash Country got their own special entrance to Dollywood's DreamMore Resort.
- 2001 - Dollywood's Splash Country was named the World Water park Association's Best New Water Park in America
- 2007 - Dollywood's Splash Country wasMust-See Waterpark Award at the 2009 "International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions" (IAAPA) Expo in Las Vegas.
- Google Inc. Google Maps – Dollywood's Splash Country (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=35.809792,-83.53417&num=1&t=h&z=17. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- "Operating Calendar". Dollywood's Splash Country. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- "Retreat and Canopy Rentals". Dollywood's Splash Country. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- Big River Pavilion, Large Group Outings at Dollywood's Splash Country.
- "Riverside Trading Post". Dollywood's Splash Country. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- "Frequently Asked Questions". Dollywood's Splash Country. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- "Dollywood's Splash Country Wins IAAPA's Must-See Waterpark Award". Ultimate Waterpark. 17 November 2009. Retrieved 21 August 2012.