Dolphin Music Logo
|Headquarters||Venture Point West,70-72 Evans Rd, Liverpool, L24 9PB|
|Key people||Carley Crowder (General Manager),|
|Products||Musical instruments, recording equipment and accessories|
Robert Williams (11 September 1979 — 2 March 2009) and Jason Tavaria, while still at Liverpool University, used their credit cards & student loans to set up a company that would sell musical equipment by mail order and over the internet.
By 2008 the business had 80 staff and £16m in revenues. In 2009 Robert Williams Co-Founder died whilst snowboarding in Switzerland whilst with Co-Founder Jason Tavaria. In 2011 Dolphin Music was purchased by S&T Audio Ltd.
S&T Audio also own Professional Music Technology(PMT) retail stores and www.PMTonline.co.uk webstore
A memorial fund has been established with the Prince's Trust with the aim of helping inspire others follow Rob's business success following a fatal accident while on holiday – with associates including Michelle Dewberry – snowboarding at Verbier. On 2 March 2009, he slipped 60 ft (20 metres) during treacherous skiing conditions. Jason was found alive via GPS tracking, but Rob was dead by 11pm. The news broke of the plight of the missing adventurers on the Swiss Alps via mobile telephone updates to microblog networking service Twitter.  The celebration of Mr Williams's life was marked by his funeral and a reception at St Albans Cathedral and Sopwell House respectively on March 19.
- Dungan, Ronnie. "PMT owner buys Dolphin Music". MI Pro. Intent Media. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- "About Us - History". dolphinmusic.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-07-27.
- British entrepreneur Rob Williams dies on skiing holiday in tragedy played out on Twitter
- Rob Williams Tribute » Charity Fund & Address
- Twitter tributes to British snowboarder
- Edwards, Richard (2009-03-03). "British entrepreneur Rob Williams dies on skiing holiday in tragedy played out on Twitter". The Daily Telegraph (London). Retrieved 2010-05-01.
- http://www.lastingtribute.co.uk/tribute/williams/3034398[dead link]
- Official site and Web Store
- Official Google Plus Page
- Official Facebook Page
- Official Twitter Page
- The Rob Williams Enterprise Fund
- ST Audio buys Dolphin
|This article about a retailer in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|