Domaine Chandon California
|Key people||Tom Tiburzi, Winemaker, Sparkling Wines
Chris Millard, Winemaker, Still Wine
Ellen L. Flora, Wine Education Manager
Raymond Reyes, Director of Winegrowing
Michael G. Morris, Engineer
Gray Wanless, Facilities Manager
Erik Thompson, Warehouse Manager & SD Process Owner
Mary Anne Gochenouer, Production Manager
David Junod, Production Manager
|Parent company||Moët et Chandon|
|Known for||Brut Classic
Blanc de Noirs
|Tasting||Open to the public|
Yountville Domaine Chandon is a winery located in Napa Valley in the town of Yountville, California. Established in 1973 by Moët et Chandon, by businessman John Wright and was the first French-owned sparkling wine producer in Napa Valley.
The Restaurant at Domaine Chandon opened at the same time as the winery and has been credited with establishing high-quality dining in the area. Udo Nechutnys was the restaurant's first chef and was succeeded by Philippe Jeanty, who later opened Bistro Jeanty in Yountville. The restaurant was renamed Etoile in 2006 and closed in December 2014 in order to make room to expand the winery's tasting room.
The winery has vineyards located in several Napa Valley appellations including Los Carneros AVA, Mt. Veeder AVA, and Yountville AVA. Domaine Chandon makes both sparkling and still wines made from Chardonnay, Pinot noir, and Pinot Meunier, the traditional grapes used in the production of Champagne.
- Karola Saekel (December 5, 2008). "Every day's a celebration at Domaine Chandon". San Francisco Chronicle.
- Bauer, Michael (March 15, 2013). "Domaine Chandon, Auberge de Soleil still strong". San Francisco Chronicle.
- Carson, Pierce (January 31, 2014). "Etoile, restaurant that helped launch Napa Valley food scene, is closing". Napa Valley Register (Napa, CA). Retrieved January 2, 2015.
- "Domaine Chandon Inc.". BusinessWeek.
- "History", Domaine Chandon Australia
|This winery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Napa County, California building and structure-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|