From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up dominance in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Dominance may refer to:
- Dominance (C++), an aspect of virtual inheritance in the C++ programming language
- Dominance (economics), in economics, the degree of inequality in market share distribution
- Strategic dominance, in game theory, when one strategy is better for one opponent regardless of the other opponent's strategy
- Dominance hierarchy or social hierarchy, an organizational form by which individuals within a community control the distribution of resources within the community
- Dominance and submission, set of behaviors, customs, and rituals in an erotic or lifestyle context
- Dominance (ethology), in animal behaviour and anthropology, the level of social status relative to other individuals
- Dominance (ecology), the degree of predominance of one or a few species in an ecological community
- Dominance (genetics), a relationship between the effects of different versions of a gene
- Strategic dominance, a method of simplification for games.
- Stochastic dominance, a situation in which one lottery (a probability distribution of outcomes) can be ranked as superior to another, with only limited knowledge of preferences
- Dominance order, a partial order.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Dominance.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.