From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up domination in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Domination or dominant may refer to:
- The Domination, an alternate history / science-fiction / alternate reality fictional, by S. M. Stirling.
- Dominant (music), a diatonic scale step and diatonic function in tonal music theory
- Dominant seventh chord, a four-note chord consisting of a major triad and a minor seventh
- Domination (Cannonball Adderley album)
- Domination (Domino album)
- Domination (Morbid Angel album)
- Domination (Morifade album)
- "Domination", a song by Pantera from Cowboys from Hell
- "Domination", a song by Symphony X from Paradise Lost
- Domination (chess) occurs where a chess piece with wide movement cannot avoid capture.
- Domination (video game) is a turn-based computer game.
- Domination (poker), way of rating a poker hand.
- Domination, also known as Focus (board game), a 1964 game designed by Sid Sackson.
- Dominant allele in genetics is the affecting allele in the gene
- Footedness for when one foot is dominant
- Handedness for when one hand is dominant
- Ocular dominance for when one eye is dominant
- Dominant species for when one or a few species in a given biological community are most numerous or form the bulk of the biomass
- Dominating decision rule, in decision theory
- Domination number, in graph theory
- Dominant maps, in algebraic geometry
- Dominant or prevailing winds, which are a key factor in atmoshpheric winds and in erosion.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.