Dominic Barton at the 2009 World Economic Forum
|Alma mater||University of British Columbia
Brasenose College, Oxford
|Occupation||Consultant, Management expert|
|Employer||McKinsey & Company, Inc.|
|Title||Senior Partner and Worldwide Managing Director|
Dominic Barton (born 1962) is a Canadian management consultant. He has been managing director of McKinsey & Co since 2009. He graduated from the University of British Columbia with a BA Honours in Economics and pursued an MPhil in Economics as a Rhodes Scholar at Brasenose College, Oxford University.
Barton was one of six students from a high school class of 200, in Sardis, British Columbia, to attend college. After studying Economics at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada, he won a Rhodes Scholarship to attend Oxford University. He began his career as a currency analyst at Rothschild.
He joined McKinsey's Toronto office in 1986 and had a difficult time making partner, saying "It took me three times before I was elected a partner....I was working hard and I was rejected….it was a bit of a slap in the head."  From then on, he said, "my bar will be higher than McKinsey's." 
In the late 90s he made the counterintuitive career move of relocating to Korea to develop McKinsey's practice in the region. Barton enjoyed close relationships with the president and government of South Korea.
 He subsequently parlayed those relationships into a role running McKinsey in Korea from 2000–2004 and then McKinsey in Asia from 2004-2009. Barton's experience in Asia ultimately made him a strong candidate in the firm election as global managing director.
In 2010, Barton was made an honorary fellow of Brasenose College, Oxford. He is also on the board of the University of Oxford Said Business School. Some of his contemporaries from Oxford include: William O'Chee, David Cameron, Andrew Feldman and Guy Spier.
He is the author of China Vignettes: An Inside Look at China, a trustee of the Rhodes Trust and the Brookings Institution, and Chairman of the International Advisory Committee to the President of South Korea on National Future and Vision. He is a Commissioner for the Global Commission on Internet Governance.
- "The Popped Kernel: A Conversation with Dominic Barton of McKinsey & Company". Thepoppedkernel.blogspot.com. 2010-02-06. Retrieved 2011-03-30.
- Joanna Pachner. "McKinsey & Co.: The man behind the curtain | Managing | Strategy | Canadian Business Online". Canadianbusiness.com. Retrieved 2011-03-30.
- Unknown author (April 24, 2013). "Dominic Barton, Biographical Summary". Boardroom Insiders. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- Executive Summary | McKinsey & Company | Dominic Barton | Customer Intelligence
- "The Rhodes Trust and Trustees - The Rhodes Trust". Rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk. Retrieved 2011-03-30.
- Archives: McKinsey names Canadian to top post - The Globe and Mail
- A strategy for staying sacred - FT.com
- McKinsey Asia bio
- Rhodes trustee bio[dead link]
- Dominic Barton 101
- Barton interview
- McKinsey MD bio
|Managing director of McKinsey & Company, Inc.