January 23, 1932 |
Venice, Veneto, Italy
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Dominic DeNucci
|Billed height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Billed weight||245 lb (111 kg)|
|Billed from||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania|
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2014)|
World Wide Wrestling Federation
On June 18, 1971, DeNucci won his first WWWF title, the WWWF International Tag Team Championship, with Bruno Sammartino by defeating The Mongols. They lost the title back to The Mongols three days later.
On May 13, 1975, DeNucci and Victor Rivera won the WWWF World Tag Team Championship from Jimmy and Johnny Valiant. In June, however, Rivera left the WWF, and Pat Barrett became DeNucci's replacement partner. They lost the title approximately three months later to The Blackjacks on August 26.
DeNucci became a second time WWWF World Tag Team Champion when he and his partner Dino Bravo defeated Professor Tanaka and Mr. Fuji on March 14, 1978. They held the title until June 26 when they dropped it to The Yukon Lumberjacks. DeNucci also unsuccessfully challenged inaugural WWF Intercontinental Champion Pat Patterson on a number of occasions for the IC belt.
DeNucci also wrestled for Big Time Wrestling out of Detroit; he was very popular in the Michigan/Ohio territory in the early 1970s.
After ending his career as an active professional wrestler, he trained Mick Foley, Shane Douglas and Brian Hildebrand, among others. DeNucci is featured in Mick Foley: "Madman Unmasked", where he is seen training Mick Foley and reminiscing about Foley in the days of his training. He is also featured prominently in the opening chapters of Mick Foley's autobiography, 'Have a Nice Day: A Tale of Blood and Sweatsocks'.
DeNucci can speak in at least four languages: English, French, Spanish, and Italian.
Championships and accomplishments
- NWA All-Star Wrestling
- NWA Canadian Tag Team Championship (Vancouver version) (1 time) - with Don Leo Jonathan
- NWA World Tag Team Championship (Vancouver version) (1 time) - with Don Leo Jonathan
- National Wrestling Federation
- New Independent Wrestling Association
- NIWA Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Mr. Hati
- World Championship Wrestling (Australia)
- World Wrestling Association (Indianapolis)
- World Wide Wrestling Federation
- Other titles
- West Virginia Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Apache Lou
- "Dino Bravo". OWW. Retrieved 2011-10-27.
- Shields, Brian; Sullivan, Kevin (2009). WWE Encyclopedia. DK. p. 82. ISBN 978-0-7566-4190-0.
- Foley, Mick. Have A Nice Day: A Tale of Blood and Sweatsocks (p.74)
- Foley, Mick. Have A Nice Day: A Tale of Blood and Sweatsocks (p.66-68, 80)
- "WWWF International Tag Team Championship History". Wrestling-titles.com. Retrieved 2007-09-26.
- "History of the World Tag Team Championship". WWE.com. Retrieved 2007-09-26.
- "WWE World Tag Team Title". Wrestling-titles.com. Retrieved 2007-05-11.
- Foley, Mick. Have A Nice Day: A Tale of Blood and Sweatsocks (p.75)
- "Finishing Moves List". Other Arena. Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- Royal Duncan & Gary Will (2000). Wrestling Title Histories (4th ed.). Archeus Communications. ISBN 0-9698161-5-4.
- "W.W.A. World Tag Team Title (Indianapolis)". Puroresu Dojo. 2003.
- "West Virginia Tag Team Title". Puroresu Dojo. 2003.
- Mick Foley (2000). Have A Nice Day: A Tale of Blood and Sweatsocks. HarperCollins. p. 511. ISBN 0-06-103101-1.
- Dominic DeNucci at Online World of Wrestling
- Titans of Wrestling
- Titans Bio #3: Dominic DeNucci on YouTube