February 22, 1970 |
Hull, QC, CAN
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||180 lb (82 kg; 12 st 12 lb)|
|Played for||Philadelphia Flyers
Mighty Ducks of Anaheim
|NHL Draft||63rd overall, 1988
Dominic Roussel (born February 22, 1970) is a Canadian former professional ice hockey goaltender who played eight seasons in the National Hockey League (NHL) for the Philadelphia Flyers, Winnipeg Jets, Mighty Ducks of Anaheim and Edmonton Oilers.
Roussel was selected in the third round of the 1988 NHL Entry Draft, 63rd overall, by the Philadelphia Flyers and made his NHL debut during the 1991–92 season. He would remain with the Flyers organization for another three seasons, serving as the Flyers' starting goalie in the 1993–94 season. He was traded to the Winnipeg Jets in 1996, but soon re-signed with the Flyers. Roussel had a brief spell in Germany's Deutsche Eishockey Liga with the Starbulls Rosenheim in the 1997–98 season. His NHL rights were traded to the Nashville Predators and then the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. After three seasons with the Ducks, he moved to the Edmonton Oilers for a brief spell. He played five games in the Quebec Semi-Pro Hockey League with the Lasalle Rapides before returning to Germany, signing with the Frankfurt Lions before retiring in 2003.
He is now a private goalie trainer through his company, Succès hockey Dominic Roussel.
- February 27, 1996: Philadelphia trades Roussel for Tim Cheveldae and a 3rd round draft pick
- June 26, 1998: Philadelphia trades Roussel and Jeff Staples to Nashville for a 7th round draft pick (Cam Ondrik)
- October 5, 1998: Nashville trades Roussel to Anaheim for Marc Moro and Chris Mason
- Dominic Roussel website
- Dominic Roussel – player profile and career stats at European Hockey.Net
- Dominic Roussel's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Dominic Roussel at Hockey-Reference.com
- Dominic Roussel's biography at Legends of Hockey
- Dominic Roussel's player profile at NHL.com
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey goaltender is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|