||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Spanish Wikipedia. (December 2014)|
Ejército de República Dominicana
Emblem of the Dominican Army.
|Active||February 27, 1844 - present|
|Role||Defend the Dominican Republic and serve its citizens. Support other branches and civil authorities in time of emergencies.|
|Size||45,800 personnel, 12 helicopters|
|Engagements||Dominican War of Independence
Dominican Restoration War
Dominican Civil War
|Maj. Gen. Jose E. Matos de la Cruz|
|Gen. Matías Ramón Mella|
The army is twice as large as the other services, consisting of approximately 20,000 active duty personnel. It includes six infantry brigades, a combat support brigade, a combat service support brigade and the air cavalry squadron.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2014)|
The Army operates 15 helicopters.
|Bell OH-58 Kiowa||United States||Scout helicopter||OH-58A
|One lost on 10 October 2014.|
|Robinson R22||United States||Training helicopter||R22||4|
|Robinson R44||United States||Utility helicopter||R44||2|
The Dominican Army Kiowas are equipped with FLIR cameras for night operations.
Note: This equipment is also used by the other branches of the Armed Forces, and the Counter-terrorism group.
- M-29 81 mm United States (104)
- M1 81 mm United States
- M2 60 mm United States
- M-30 4.2 inch United States (4)
- ECIA 120 mm Spain (24)
- Bofors m/45 105 mm Sweden (28)
- 37 mm Gun M3; A/T guns United States (20)
- AT4 Sweden (N/A)
- M40-A1C1 106mm RCL United States
Note: the Dominican army currently has no main battle tanks in its inventory.
- V-150 Commando 4x4 AFV United States (8)
- M41 Walker Bulldog 76mm Light tank United States (12 Retired)
- Giat AMX-13 75mm Light tank France (2-15 Retired)
- Panhard AML-90 90mm,4x4 ARVs France (20)
- M3 Half Track APC United States (25 Status unknown)
- 8 Humvee United States
- 60-80 URO VAMTAC 1,500 kg (4 × 4) (60 - 40, 2000; 20, 2001) Spain
- 80 Carolina Growler UV100DB (4 × 4), (2002) (rebuilt M151A2 Mutt)] UV100DB 4×4 United States
- 40 Carolina Wolverine Model 450 (4 × 4) (40) (2002)
- Nissan Patrol ML-6 4x4 Japan
- Land Rover (4 × 4) United Kingdom (non-tactical roles)
- Polaris ATV 6x6 United States(several dozen)
- 90 M35 2-1/2 ton cargo truck United States
- 12 Pegaso 3055 6x6 Spain
- 100 URO VAMTAC MT 15.14, MT 18.14 and MT 18.16 Spain
- Daihatsu Delta 4x4 trucks Japan
- "World Military Aircraft Inventory", Aerospace Source Book 2007, Aviation Week & Space Technology, January 15, 2007.
- 2 http://www.janes.com/articles/Janes-Military-Vehicles-and-Logistics/INVENTORY-Dominican-Republic.html
- 3 http://www.country-data.com/frd/cs/dominican_republic/do_appen.html#table8
- Ejército Nacional (EN) (Spanish)