Dominick Dunne's Power, Privilege, and Justice
|Dominick Dunne's Power, Privilege, and Justice|
|Directed by||Patrick Taulère
|Presented by||Dominick Dunne|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||48 mins.|
|Original run||2002– 2009|
Dominick Dunne's Power, Privilege, and Justice is an American crime TV series that examined real-life cases of crime, passion, and greed involving privileged or famous people. The episodes were shown on truTV (formerly Court TV) and on Star TV in Canada as well as Zone Reality/CBS Reality in Europe and Bio. in Australia. The host of the show was Dominick Dunne. The series started in 2002 and ended in late 2009 with Dunne's death.
- JT Lundy who killed his horse for the insurance money
- Erik Menendez and Lyle Menendez, who murdered their parents
- The 1985 murders of Judge Vincent Sherry and his wife Margaret in Biloxi, Mississippi
- The disappearance, and suspected murder, of Brach's candy heiress Helen Brach in Chicago in 1977
List of episodes
|This article is outdated. (June 2011)|
- “Gone with the Wind”, “A Marriage of Inconvenience” - The murder of Lita McClinton. A decade after her death the hitman points to her husband, James Sullivan, as the instigator.
- “Deception in Dallas” - The 1983 murder of Rozanne Gailiunas is explored.
- “Mystery in the Mountains” – Several years after the murder of Bonnie Hood her alleged killer, Bruce Beauchamps, is also found murdered.
- “Shootout in Bel-Air” – Ricky Kyle is accused of having killed his father Henry Harrison Kyle.
- “The Trophy Wife and the Tennis Pro” – The murder of Werner Hartmann, the “Stereo King of Chicago”.
- “Deadly Designs” - Gianni Versace’s death at the hands of Andrew Cunanan.
- “The Starlet and the Skier” - Spider Sabitch is fatally shot by Claudine Longet.
- “A Scandal in Hunt County” – The death of Roberto Villegas at the hands of Susan Cummings.
- “Miami Vices” – The conspiracy of Joyce McDillon to have her husband, Stan Cohen (Miami), killed.
- “Unbridled Greed” – The conviction of J.T. Lundy for fraud, bribery, and conspiracy.
- “Billionaire Boys Club” – Joe Hunt and his failing investment club, the “Billionaire Boys Club.”
- “Mystery in the Hamptons” – The murder Diane Pikul and the death of her husband Joseph Pikul.
- “Maternal Instinct” – The lover of Dean MacGuigan of the Du Pont family is murdered in Las Vegas.
- “Gentlemen’s Agreement” – A. Alfred Taubman is convicted of fixing commissions after buying Sotheby's.
- “Brothers in Arms” - The story of Lyle and Erik Menendez.
- “What the Butler Saw” – Why Paul Burrell, the butler of Princess Diana, was not prosecuted for theft.
- “Run from Justice” – The flight of Alex Kelly of Connecticut from the justice system after a rape.
- “Sweet Seduction” – Richard Bailey is found guilty of conspiring to kill Helen Brach, heir to the Brach's candy fortune.
- “The Waitress and the Millionaire” - The death of Steven Beard leads to the arrest of his wife, a 32-yr-old former Country Club Waitress Celeste Beard; and her lesbian lover.
- “Mystery in the Caribbean” – The corpse of Lois McMillen is found on the shore of Tortola.
- “Oil, Money and Mystery” – T. Cullen Davis is accused of the murder of the lover of his estranged wife, Priscilla; and her daughter.
- “Evil Deeds” - Andrew Luster, the great grandson of Max Factor, Sr. forfeits bail and disappears from justice. He was eventually found by bounty hunter Duane Chapman.
- “Tailspin” - Dana Ewell is accused of killing his parents and sister for money.
- “Blood Money” – The murder of tobacco heiress Margaret Benson and her son Scott, along with the injury of her daughter Carol, as a result of a car bomb planted by her son Steven Benson.
- “Island Obsession” – The corpse of Dale Pike leads investigators to Enrico Forti who may have been attempting to defraud his father.
- “Martha Stewart on Trial” – The Martha Stewart insider trading scandal.
- “A Deadly Campaign” – Ruthann Aron, a candidate for Maryland’s US Senate seat in 1994, is accused of ordering hits on an opposing lawyer and on her husband.
- “Freefall” – Andrew C. Thornton II and his friends become drug runners in Kentucky.
- “The Heiress and the Hitman” - The murder of Jeanne Tovrea leads to accusations of involvement by her stepson, Ed "Hap" Tovrea.
- “Family Secrets” - The search for the murderer of Salt Lake City multimillionaire Franklin Bradshaw.
- “Murder, He Wrote” - The “accidental” death of Kathleen Peterson, wife of author and politician Michael Peterson, is investigated.
- “The Two Mrs. Woodwards” - Ann Woodward kills her husband in the night thinking it was a prowler. It is the background story of Dunne’s novel “The Two Mrs. Grenvilles”.
- “Crime of Fashion” - Maurizio Gucci’s murder in Milan reveals background struggles in a family empire.
- “Death of a Beauty King” - There are many suspects when Dean Milo from Ohio is killed.
- “What Price Murder?” - Joel Sandler from Philadelphia hires a hitman to kill his wife Linda.
- “Mystery in the Mansion” - The mysterious death of Minnesota’s wealthiest woman, Elizabeth Congdon.
- “Rich Man, Poor Man” - Ted Ammon’s death on Long Island is linked to his estranged wife Generosa Rand and her lover, Danny Pelosi.
- “Doctor of Deceit” - Doctor Robert Bierenbaum claims that his wife has disappeared, but justice eventually prevails.
- “Biloxi Confidential” - The activities of the Mayor of Biloxi and the Dixie Mafia.
- “The Candy Scandal” - Defense attorney Percy Foreman gets Candy Mossler and her boyfriend off the hook when they are accused of the murder of her millionaire husband, Jacques Mossler.
- “Over the Edge” - Peter Bergna from Lake Tahoe is the suspect in a car crash that he survived but not Rinette Bergna.
- “Family Betrayal” - On the disappearance of the daughter of a wealthy lawyer from Nashville.
- “Family Plot” - Texan millionaire Jack Koslow and his socialite wife Caren Courtney are victims of an assassination plot by his daughter Kristi.
- “Cape Fear” - The murder of Christa Worthington in Truro, Massachusetts.
- “House of Secrets” - Bruce and Darlene Rouse are murdered and their three children become suspects; one of them later robs a bank.
- “Death of a Salesman” - Rick Chance, one of the richest men in Phoenix, gets murdered. The police has to investigate and has many suspects.
- “Traces of Evil” - Richard and Nancy Lyon bought a landscaping business for Dallas elites. Nancy’s stomach cramps were blamed on the pesticides, but after her death arsenic was found as the cause. Why was she killed?
- “Tragedy in Telluride” - Sam Shoen’s wife Eva is killed down in her Telluride chalet, and her death is linked to the battle over the family business. Sam’s father Leonard Shoen is the founder of U-Haul, and control of the company is at stake.
- “Deadly Delivery” - After the murder of Donald and Marsha Levine in Munster, Indiana their son Mark blames the murder on his uncle Robert.
- “Mystery in Monaco” - Billionaire Edmond Safra dies in a suspicious a fire in his penthouse in Monaco.
- “The Von Bullow Affair” - Sunny von Bülow’s coma in her Rhode Island summer home is investigated and her husband Claus becomes a suspect; his lawyers, however, clear the accusations in a series of trials.
- “Burning Obsession” (July 31, 2009) - When David L. Coffin is found shot to death inside his burning home, the investigation quickly points to Scott Winfield Davis, who became enraged when his ex-wife Megan Lee began dating Coffin. (IMDB.com)