|Industry||Advertising and Software|
|Founded||Virginia, United States (2006)|
|Headquarters||Norfolk, VA, United States|
Frank Batten Jr., Chairman and CEOJack Ross, President and COO
|Parent||Landmark Media Enterprises LLC|
Dominion Enterprises is a Norfolk, Virginia-based media and information services company for the automotive and commercial vehicle, real estate, apartment rental and travel industries. It has Internet and printed media operations.
Dominion Enterprises was established in September 2006 by Landmark Media Enterprises (formerly Landmark Communications), following a division of assets of its predecessor company, Trader Publishing, between shared owners Landmark and Cox Enterprises.
Dominion Enterprises provides targeted classified advertising for dealers and private party sellers. Consumer brands include ForRent.com, FranchiseOpportunities.com, Homes.com, and HotelCoupons.com, as well as specialty niche titles including GetAuto.com, CarLoan.com, boats.com, YachtWorld.com, BoatTrader.com, CycleTrader.com, CommercialTruckTrader.com, EquipmentTraderOnline.com and RVTrader.com.
The company also develops technology for commercial customers – from Web site design and hosting to Internet and e-mail marketing to data management and distribution. These services are geared toward helping businesses reach consumers.
Controversies and criticism
Dominion Enterprises was ranked among the "worst companies to work for," in a 2009 glassdoor.com survey. Currently, glassdoor.com compiles anonymous employee reviews to show that Dominion Enterprises employees give the company a 2.5 rating out of a possible 5. 39% of employees currently approve of the CEO, up from 26% in 2009.
- Fell, Jason (2008-06-16). "As Weather Channel Deal Nears Closure, Eyes Turn to Magazine Division". FolioMag.com. Retrieved 2009-09-23.
- Shean, Tom (2009-01-03). "Landmark sues over dispute with Cox about publications". hamptonroads.com. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- "Dominion Enterprises". businessweek.com. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- List of top U.S. places to work: survey reuters.com, Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:07am EST
- Dominion Enterprises Reviews glassdoor.com, accessed on: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:25am EST