|Occupation||writer, novelist, essayist, professor|
|Literary movement||French Literature|
Dominique Barberis, born in 1958, is a French novelist, author of literary studies and university professor, specialist in stylistics and writing workshops.
Born in 1958 in Cameroon into a French family of Nantes, her father was a diplomat in Africa. Dominique Barberis studied at the Ecole Normale Superieure de Sèvres and the University of Sorbonne, after her childhood in Nantes, then in Brussels. She teaches as associate professor of modern literature, she began teaching in high school in Boulogne-Billancourt before joining an insurance company as head of communications, she later taught in several schools. Then she returned as a professor at the University of Paris IV successively in foreign languages and applied foreign languages at the French language department in which she conducts courses and workshops on stylistic and writing fiction. Passionate by literature, she published her first novel in Editorial Arles in 1996 at the age of 38, before joining Gallimard in 1998 as an author. Its production is characterized by painting romantic atmospheres, provincial infancy. She has also published several literary studies and prefaces.
- La Ville 1996
- L'Heure exquise 1998 - Marianne Award
- Le Temps des dieux 2000
- Les Kangourous 2002, filmed in 2005 by Anne Fontaine under the title Entre ses mains -
- Ce qui s'enfuit 2005
- Quelque chose à cacher 2007 - Deux Magots Award, 2008 and City of Nantes Award, 2008.
- Beau Rivage 2010
Studies and prefaces
- Un amour de Swann, 1990
- Chateaubriand 1994
- Un roi sans divertissement : an introduction to the work of Jean Giono 1991
- Langue et littérature : Anthology of XIX and XX century, (with Dominique Rincé) 1992
- Moderato cantabile / L'Amant, Marguerite Duras, 1995
- Le Grand Meaulnes, Alain Fournier,1996
- Je suis aussi... preface to the poetry of Carlos Alvarado-Larroucau, Coll. Poètes des cinq continents, L'Harmattan, 2009
Reviews on her work
- Quatre lectures, Four readings: critical essay of Jean-Pierre Richard, Fayard 2002.
Part of this biography was obtained from her studies and prefaces. See also:
- Interview with Anne Fontaine in Europe 2.
- Les Sanglots de l'automne, Le Figaro Littéraire, jeudi 4 octobre 2007
- L'air du soupcon, Liberation, 20 September 2007
- Secret automne, Le Figaro magazine, 28 September 2007
- El Louvre, inspiración para la ficción, La Nación, 21 January 2009
Other Interviews, in The Nouvel Obs, The Sud Ouest, and many other newspapers.
Personal Web site, created by her readers: Dominique Barbéris