Rollin at the 2011 Four Days of Dunkirk
|Full name||Dominique Rollin|
29 October 1982 |
USSA Pavilly Barentin
Equipe du Quebec
Vélo-Club de Roubaix Lille Métropole
|Tour of California, 1 Stage
National Road Race Championships (2006)
|Infobox last updated on
2 January 2014
Born in Boucherville, Canada, Rollin began his professional career in 2001 with the team Sympatico High Speed-Jet Fuel Coffee and again the following year, 2002 with Sympatico Edition Haute Vitese. He then spent three years in France racing as an elite amateur under director-sportif Guy Gallopin for the Roubaix team. After having issues with the way he was treated during Roubaix's transition to a professional team, he returned to North America to ride for the Kodakgallery.com - Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. team.
For 2008 Rollin joined the Toyota-United team, with whom he won the Rochester Omnium and the fourth stage of the Tour of California. He won the stage with a nearly seven-hour breakaway in a driving rainstorm, just holding off his fellow breakaway companions after attacking near the finish. Thanks to that performance, he grabbed the lead in the sprints classification and would defend the jersey successfully for the remainder of the race.
In 2009 he got his chance to join a major European professional team in the Swiss-based, Canadian-sponsored Cervélo TestTeam, with his best result of the year coming at the Scheldeprijs semi-classic where he reached the podium with a third place. In October 2010, he signed for two years with the ProTour team FDJ.
Rollin initially retired from racing at the end of 2013 after being unable to secure a contract for the 2014 season. However in August 2014 Cofidis announced that they had signed Rollin alongside his former FDJ teammates Nacer Bouhanni and Geoffrey Soupe for 2015.
- 1st 1 stage Tour de Beauce
- 1st National Road Race Championships
- 1st 1 stage Tour de Gironde
- Tour of California
- 1st Stage 4
- 1st Sprints classification
- 1st Overall Rochester Omnium & 1 Stage
- 1st 1 stage Tour of Southland
- 9th Overall Tour of Missouri
- 1st Mountains classification
- 2nd Tour du Poitou-Charentes
- 10th Dwars door Vlaanderen
- 6th Cholet-Pays de Loire
Grand Tour general classification results timeline
WD = Withdrew; In Progress = IP
- "FDJ – FRA". UCI World Tour. Union Cycliste Internationale. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- Mark Zalewski (21 February 2012). "Rollin survives epic ride for epic win". Cycling News (Future Publishing Limited). Retrieved 14 October 2012.
- Mark Zalewski (24 February 2008). "Hincapie redeems High Road". Cycling News (Future Publishing Limited). Retrieved 14 October 2012.
- Westemeyer, Susan (26 May 2012). "De Gendt wins Giro d'Italia penultimate stage atop the Stelvio". Cycling News (Future Publishing Limited). Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- Farrand, Stephen (1 August 2014). "Transfers: Cofidis confirms the arrival of Nacer Bouhanni". cyclingnews.com. Retrieved 3 August 2014.
Media related to Dominique Rollin at Wikimedia Commons