Domino's Pizza Enterprises
|Traded as||ASX: DMP|
|Founded||Springwood, Queensland, Australia (1983)|
Number of locations
|1298 across Australasia Europe and Japan|
|Don Meij, CEO & MD|
|Revenue||A$294.9 million (2012/2013)|
|A$30.4 million (2012/2013)|
Number of employees
|Slogan||It's All Good|
Domino's Pizza Enterprises (trading as Domino's) is an Australian public company that holds the master franchise for Domino's Pizza in Australia, New Zealand, France, Belgium, the Netherlands and Monaco. It runs the largest pizza chain in Australia and New Zealand. Approximately 70% of Domino's Australian stores are franchisees, whilst the remaining are owned by the company.
The company started in Red Hill, Brisbane, Queensland Australia in 1978, as Silvio's Dial-A-Pizza, established by brothers Silvio and Fel Bevacqua. Silvio's Dial-A-Pizza began Australia's first home delivery service in 1980. By 1993, Silvio's had over 70 locations. In 1993, Silvio's bought the master franchise for the Domino brand in Australia and New Zealand, and between 1995 and 1996, all of the Silvio and Domino activities merged. The company was re-branded as Domino's Pizza in 1996.
In December 2009, Domino's launched a range of five Oven Baked Sandwiches.
Over the past two years the Domino's menu has evolved to offer greater variety and choice for their customers.
Domino's offers a four tiered menu pricing with 'Value', 'Traditional', 'Good Choice' and 'Chefs Best' pizzas and offers customer a variety of toppings including Prawns, Chicken, Lamb shank, Duck & more.
Domino's Australia donates large quantities of pizza to natural disaster victims. They also provide food to isolated towns in rural areas that don't have access to large amounts of food. Domino's Australia has partnerships with Mission Australia, Royal Flying Doctor Service, Starlight Children's Foundation and Marymead.
- "2011 Half Year Media Release" (PDF). 16 February 2011.
- "2013 Annual Report 26 September 2013". http://www.dominos.com.au/media/68298/dpe_2013_annual_report_web.pdf.
- "Domino's Pizza - inside Domino's".[dead link]
- "Domino's Pizza Enterprises Ltd". Franchise.net.au. 2009.
- Pie technology breakthrough - news.com.au 5 April 2007
- "Domino's Pizza - Community". Dominos.com.au. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- Domino's Pizza Enterprises corporate webpage
- Domino's New Zealand corporate webpage
- Domino's Netherlands corporate webpage
- Domino's France corporate history webpage
- Domino's Belgium corporate history webpage