Domino Printing Sciences
Domino. Do more.
|Type||Public (LSE: DNO)|
|Industry||Industrial Printers – coding, marking, serialisation, and traceability|
|Headquarters||Cambridge, United Kingdom|
|Key people||Peter Byrom, Chairman
Nigel Bond, Group MD
Andrew Herbert, Group FD
|Revenue||£335.7 million (2013)|
|Operating income||£52.7 million (2013)|
|Net income||£5.8 million (2013)|
|Employees||Approx. 2400 (2014)|
The company was founded by Graeme Minto in 1978 to exploit continuous inkjet technology (CIJ). It was first listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1985. Then in 1994 it acquired Directed Energy, a small laser marking business based in California, United States. In 2004 it acquired Wiedenbach, a supplier of ink jet printers, and Purex, a supplier of fume extractors for laser printers. In 2005 it acquired Sator, a supplier of laser printers. In 2006 it acquired Enterprise Information Systems, an RFID specialist.
Products and technologies
Products produced by the company include Continuous Inkjet (Small Character) systems, Digital Colour Label Presses, Piezo Micro Drop on Demand (Piezo DOD) systems, Scribing Laser Coding and Marking systems, High Speed Binary Inkjets, Valve Jet Drop on Demand (Large Character) systems, Print And Apply Label Applicator Systems (PALM), Thermal Inkjet (TIJ) systems, Thermal Transfer - packaging printing systems and Fume Extraction systems.
The company has operations organised as follows:
- Domino Printing - UK
- Domino Lasers - Germany
- Citronix Inc - USA
- Purex International Ltd - UK
- Wiedenbach Apparatebau GmbH - Germany
- Graph-Tech AG - Switzerland
- Mectec Elektronik AB - Sweden
- PostJet Systems Ltd - UK
- "Final Results". Domino-printing.com. 2013-12-12. Retrieved 2013-12-12.
- "Company information". Domino Printing Sciences. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- Developing an Innovation Strategy
- "Brussels lays golden eggs for Domino". Daily Telegraph. 19 January 2005. Retrieved 2013-12-12.
- "Domino Acquires RFID Specialist". Manufacturingtalk. 26 May 2006. Archived from the original on 2 October 2013.
- Domino Printing Sciences. "Continuous Inkjet (CIJ)". LinkedIn. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- Domino Printing Sciences. "Digital Inkjet Colour Label Press". LinkedIn. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- Domino Printing Sciences. "Laser Coding and Marking". LinkedIn. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- Domino Printing Sciences. "Print and Apply Labelling Machines". LinkedIn. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- Domino Printing Sciences. "Thermal Transfer Overprinting (TTO)". LinkedIn. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- "Controllers". Domino Printing Sciences. 2013-08-14. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- Domino Printing Sciences. "Coding Automation". LinkedIn. Retrieved 2013-12-13.