Domjur (community development block)
|Community development block|
|Assembly constituency||Domjur, Jagatballavpur|
|• Total||22.52 sq mi (58.33 km2)|
|• Density||13,810/sq mi (5,334/km2)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5.30)|
|Literacy Rate||75.06 per cent|
Domjur (community development block) (Bengali: ডোমজুড় সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক) is an administrative division in Howrah Sadar subdivision of Howrah district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Domjur police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Domjur. Domjur, Dakshin Jhapardaha, Khantora, Bhandardaha, Makardaha, Kantlia, Tentulkuli, Salap, Bankra, Nibra, Ankurhati, Bipra Noapara, Kalara, Kesabpur, Natibpur, and Mahiari are urban areas in this block.
Domjur is located at.
Gram panchayats of Domjur block/panchayat samiti are: Bankra I, Bankra II, Bankra III, Begari, Dakshin Jhapardaha, Domjur, Kolora I, Kolora II, Mahiyari I, Mahiyari II, Makardah I, Makardah II, Narna, Parbatipur, Rudrapur, Shalap I, Shalap II, and Uttar Jhapardaha.
As per 2001 census, Domjur block had a total population of 311,133, out of which 158,451 were males and 152,682 were females. Domjur block registered a population growth of 22.10 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for Howrah district was 12.76 per cent.Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
As per 2001 census, Domjur block had a total literacy of 75.06 per cent for the 6+ age group. While male literacy was 80.47 per cent female literacy was 69.43 per cent. Howrah district had a total literacy of 77.01 per cent, male literacy being 83.22 per cent and female literacy being 70.11 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Howrah district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, Howrah District (16)". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "Village Panchayat Names of Howrah,West Bengal". Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "TRU for all Districts (SC & ST and Total)". Census 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 5, Howrah District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-15.