Don't Be Tardy
|Don't Be Tardy|
|Also known as||Don't Be Tardy for the Wedding
|Opening theme||"Tardy for the Wedding"
by Kim Zolciak (season 1)
"Tardy for the Party"
by Kim Zolciak (season 2-)
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||29|
|Running time||20-23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||True Entertainment|
|Original run||April 26, 2012– present|
|Related shows||The Real Housewives of Atlanta|
Don't Be Tardy is an American reality television series starring former Real Housewives of Atlanta cast member Kim Zolciak. The series premiered April 26, 2012, as Don't Be Tardy for the Wedding on Bravo.
Don't Be Tardy follows the daily lives of Kim Zolciak, her husband Kroy Biermann, and their family. The first season was titled Don't Be Tardy for the Wedding, it documented the couple as they prepared for their wedding and as well as the wedding day itself. It was announced in November 2012 that the series had been renewed for a second season, with the series being renamed to its current title. Season 2 premiered on April 16, 2013. The second season encompasses Zolciak as she moves on from The Real Housewives of Atlanta, takes care of her family, constructs her dream home and manages to live out of the townhouse with the couples growing family.
Kroy met Kim Zolciak in May 2010 while Zolciak was attending the Dancing Stars of Atlanta charity event to support her Real Housewives cast member Sheree Whitfield. Biermann and Zolciak started dating and just three months later, Zolciak was pregnant. On May 31, 2011, Zolciak gave birth to son Kroy Jagger Biermann Jr. with then-boyfriend Biermann. This was Biermann's first child and Kim's first son. The couple wed at their previous Atlanta home on November 11, 2011. On March 20, 2012 Kim announced via Twitter that she and Kroy were expecting their second child together. On August 15, 2012, they welcomed their second son Kash Kade Biermann. It was announced on June 5, 2013, that the couple is expecting their third child together and Zolciak's fifth. It was then announced on August 19, 2013, that the couple was expecting a set of twins; which is the couples' third and fourth child together and Zolciak's fifth and sixth. Zolciak announced that she gave birth to her twins on November 25, 2013. The girl is named Kaia Rose after "Psychic Rose" - who Kim is seen visiting throughout her time on The Real Housewives - while her boy, Kane Ren, includes Ren after Zolciak's OBGYN who has delivered 5 out of her 6 children.
Bravo announced the third season renewal of Don't Be Tardy in April 2014. Season 3 premiered on July 17, 2014. The third season features Kim and Kroy's two new twins (a boy and a girl), their first two children together (both boys) and their two teenagers (adopted by Kroy but from previous relationships of Kim's). The four younger children are all under the age of four. Kroy dealt with a football injury that temporarily suspended his football career. The family has moved into their completed 17,000 square-foot home and Kim has hired a team of staff to maintain the estate.
|Season||Episodes||Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||9||April 26, 2012||June 14, 2012|
|2||12||April 16, 2013||June 25, 2013|
|3||TBA||July 17, 2014||TBA|
Season 1 (2012)
|Title||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|1||1||"2 Months to the Altar"||April 26, 2012||1.39|
|Kim meets up with Colin Cowie to plan her winter-theme wedding. Later, Kim heads to various bridal stores in order to find the most elegant wedding gown.|
|2||2||"How to Dress a Bride in 6 Weeks"||April 26, 2012||1.67|
|Kim prepares for her wedding by working out. Kim later flies to New York City in order to continue her search for the perfect gown. Also while in New York, Kim plans a surprise birthday celebration for her daughter Ariana.|
|3||3||"The Biermanns Are Coming!"||May 3, 2012||1.45|
|Kroy's parents fly to Atlanta for a week. Kim nervously prepares for them to arrive because she believes they don't approve of her as a wife for Kroy.|
|4||4||"At the Fifty Yard Line"||May 10, 2012||1.26|
|Kim helps her oldest daughter, Brielle, get ready for her first homecoming dance. Later, Kim revokes her mothers invitation to her food tasting party.|
|5||5||"Port-a-Pology"||May 17, 2012||1.33|
|Kroy tells Kim that each of them should compose their own wedding vows. Kim refuses to let her guests use the restrooms inside and goes on the hunt for luxury portable bathrooms and later attempts to let her mother back into her life.|
|6||6||"Maid of Dishonor"||May 24, 2012||1.23|
|Kim hunts for the perfect wedding gift for her soon-to-be husband Kroy. Kim is stressed when everything seems to be going on and her maid of honor isn't completing her duties.|
|7||7||"One Wig Left to Go"||May 31, 2012||2.02|
|The couple make sure that security is in full force at the wedding, hiring armed men and attack dogs to ward away unwanted guests. Kim gets sick prior to the wedding.|
|8||8||"Our Wedding Goes to 11...11......"||June 7, 2012||1.75|
|Kim waits for her designated wedding wig to be completed and frantically makes sure the event crew has finished the venue.|
|9||9||"We Fly Above"||June 14, 2012||2.34|
|In the season one finale, Kim and Kroy get married but drama ensues when Kim's mother and Kim have a confrontation. Later, everyone at the wedding is annoyed by the paparazzi who is hovering over in helicopters.|
Season 2 (2013)
|Title||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|10||1||"Busting Out All Over"||April 16, 2013||1.15|
|In the season premiere, Kim and Kroy's life within their townhouse — which includes two daughters, a two baby boys and two nannies — turns out to be a tight squeeze. Kim has doubts about purchasing a unfinished foreclosure after she is confronted with several issues. Kim and Shun make the best of the situation while cleaning out the family's unneeded items. Later, Kim and Kroy sit down to relax after their day but are shocked when they receive news that Kim's mother is wanting to cause more trouble.|
|11||2||"Parent Trapped"||April 16, 2013||1.25|
|Kim is informed of her mothers choice to seek court ordered visitation of the girls. Kim decides to celebrate Ariana's birthday by having an extravagant birthday celebration. Later, the media reveals Kim's mothers choice, which leads to her having to tell the girls the truth about their grandmother.|
|12||3||"Plan-Iversary"||April 23, 2013||0.90|
|Kim waits until the last minute to plan her and Kroy’s one-year anniversary celebration. Kroy is playing an away game on the day of the anniversary and isn't too pleased with surprises.|
|13||4||"The Blonde Side"||April 30, 2013||0.72|
|Kim and Kroy take a drive down to see Psychic Rose, who ends up predicting that the Falcons are going to the Super Bowl. Upon receiving the news, Kim decides to expand her knowledge of the football culture by learning from the ladies football league. Later, Kim invites Brielle and her friend to one of Kroy's upcoming games.|
|14||5||"Offensive Play"||May 7, 2013||0.94|
|The Biermanns take the first step of Kroy becoming the legal father of Brielle and Ariana. Due to Brielle's under-performing at school, Kim hires a tutor in order to get Brielle's grades up. The idea of Brielle receiving a car is brought up and Kroy is quick to shut the conversation down by stating Brielle hasn't done enough work to deserve one. In the end, Kim realizes that Kroy becoming their legal father means that she has to share some of her decision-making power.|
|15||6||"Frozen Turkey"||May 14, 2013||1.17|
|Thanksgiving is coming up but things turn sour when the family is betrayed by someone they would've never thought. Not letting the problems get in the way, the Biermanns come together to celebrate Thanksgiving by serving a feast — that comes fresh out of the take-out box.|
|16||7||"If It's Not One Thing, It's Your Mother"||May 21, 2013||1.00|
|Kim and Kroy prepare to try for another child, and Kim is taking all the steps to plan the upcoming pregnancy out right — hoping it'll be a girl. Later, Kim is forced to attend mediation with her parents alone due to Kroy working.|
|17||8||"Don't Double Dip"||May 28, 2013||0.94|
|Brielle's report card isn't as good as Kim would've hoped, but Kim ungrounds her anyway, in hopes that it will raise her grades. Brielle goes out on her first real date, where Kim is behind the scenes making sure it all goes well.|
|18||9||"Jingle Bells, This Tree Smells..."||June 4, 2013||1.09|
|The holiday season has arrived at the Biermann residence. Kim starts to prepare the house with holiday decorations — starting with her designer, fake christmas tree. Kroy thinks that Christmas is centered around family traditions, which includes a real tree.|
|19||10||"IUADD"||June 11, 2013||1.00|
|Kim and Kroy discuss having another child with Brielle and Ariana. Brielle doesn't seem to agree with the idea.|
|20||11||"Bittersweet 16"||June 25, 2013||1.32|
|Due to the Falcons not making it to the Super Bowl, Kim and Kroy decide to take the family on vacation to the Turks and Caicos Islands. While there, Kim spends much needed time with Brielle and Ariana and Kroy discusses his upcoming court date that will finalize the girls' adoption.|
|21||12||"The Biermann Bunch"||June 25, 2013||1.32|
|In the season 2 finale, The Biermanns happily attend court in order to complete the girls' adoption process. The family also learns that their house is almost finished. Kim and Kroy think that their wish of having a baby girl might be here sooner than they thought.|
Season 3 (2014)
|Title||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|22||1||"The Biermann Bunch"||July 17, 2014||1.12|
|Twins Kaia ROse and Kane Ren are born, while Kim and Kroy struggle to manage 6 kids and have Kroy rehab from an injury at the same time. Kim and Kroy discuss how to prevent further pregnancies.|
|23||2||"Crowd Control"||July 24, 2014||0.93|
|Kim and Kroy decide they need to hire more help after the birth of the twins, and Sweetie volunteers to hire people, and the results are questionable. KJ breaks his leg while roughhousing with Lana.|
|24||3||"Making the Cut"||July 27, 2014||1.22|
|After much decision, Kim and Kroy decide to have Kroy get a vasectomy to prevent further babies. After Kroy's surgery, Lana is left to handle KJ's broken leg and the pain in Kroy's 3rd leg. Meanwhile, Ariana is preoccupied with ogling over the pool boy hired by Sweetie.|
|25||4||"Destination Destin"||July 31, 2014||1.13|
|While planning their trip to Destin, Florida, Kim decides to have her stylist, Shun, bring her 5 more pieces of Louis Vuitton luggage to accommodate Kane and Kaia, even though Kroy disapproves. Meanwhile, Kim and Kroy take an RV and their Escalade ESV to get to Destin, where their trip starts by being rained into their house.|
|26||5||"Spring Break Forever, Biermanns"||August 7, 2014||0.90|
|Kim and Kroy try to ignore the awkwardness after their heated conversation about Brielle. Brielle wants to go Jet Skiing, but Kim disapproves. While relaxing on the beach, Kroy busts the paparazzi taking pictures of the family on a private beach.|
|27||6||"Flipping Out"||August 14, 2014||0.99|
|28||7||"I Need a Man"||August 17, 2014||1.28|
|29||8||"Outward Bound"||August 24, 2014||1.00|
|30||9||"Campfire Confessions"||August 31, 2014|
|31||10||September 11, 2014|
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 15, 2012). "Bravo's 'Don't Be Tardy For The Wedding' Captures Kim Zolciak And Kroy Biermann's Extravagant Road To The Altar". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 14, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara. "'Don't Be Tardy...' Season 2 Premiere Date Changed to Tuesday, April 16". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 7, 2013.
- "Hold On to Your Wigs as Bravo Media Greenlights Two New Series and Picks Up Season Two of Kim Zolciak's "Don't Be Tardy..."". The Futon Critic. Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- "'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Star Kim Zolciak: Returning With A Spin-Off!". In Touch. Retrieved February 2, 2013.
- "Atlanta Falcons Kroy Biermann wins Dancing Stars of Atlanta". May 19, 2010.
- "Kim Zolciak Met boyfriend Kroy Biermann at 'Dancing Stars of Atlanta' admired his assets". November 10, 2010.
- "Kim Zolciak welcomes a baby boy!". June 1, 2011.
- "Atlanta Housewife Kim Zolciak Tells Us: I'm Pregnant!". Us Weekly. November 22, 2010.
- Hammel, Sara (November 11, 2011). "Kim Zolciak, Kroy Biermann Wed on 11/11/11". People.
- "Kim Zolciak Is Pregnant – Again!". People. March 20, 2012.
- Noble, Melissa (August 16, 2012). "Kim Zolciak Gives Birth to Son, Kash Kade!". Ok! Magazine.
- Takeda, Allison (June 5, 2013). "Kim Zolciak Pregnant With Fifth Child Nine Months After Giving Birth to Son Kash". Us Weekly.
- Mandell, Andrea (August 19, 2013). "'Real Housewives' star Kim Zolciak is expecting twins". USA Today.
- Nessif, Bruna (November 25, 2013). "Kim Zolciak Gives Birth to Twins!". E! News.
- "‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’ Star Kim Zolciak Bierrmann Reveals Names Of Newborn Twins: Kaia Rose and Kane Ren". InTouch Weekly. November 25, 2013.
- Messer, Lesley. "‘Real Housewives’ Kim Zolciak Welcomes Twins". ABC News. Retrieved November 25, 2013.
- Rouse, Wade (November 25, 2013). "Kim Zolciak Welcomes Her Twins". People Magazine.
- Raftery, Liz (November 25, 2013). "Kim Zolciak Gives Birth to Twins". TV Guide.
- Eggenberger, Nicole (November 25, 2013). "Kim Zolciak Welcomes Twins, Baby Girl Kaia and Baby Boy Kane, With Husband Kroy Biermann". Us Weekly.
- Ng, Philiana (April 8, 2014). "Bravo Developing Morgan Spurlock, Thom Beers Projects; Orders Real-Time Dating Series". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 8, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (June 12, 2014). "'Don't Be Tardy...' Season Three to Premiere Thursday, July 17 on Bravo". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved June 12, 2014.
- "Thursday Cable Ratings: NFL Draft Dominates + 'SportsCenter', 'Swamp People', 'Pauly D Project', & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 2, 2013.
- "Thursday Cable Ratings:NBA Playoffs Win Night, 'Swamp People', 'Impractical Jokers', 'Pauly D Project', 'Eagleheart', 'Don't Be Tardy For The Wedding' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 2, 2013.
- "Thursday Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs, + 'Swamp People', 'Inside the NBA Playoffs', 'Pauly D Project', 'Kathy' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 2, 2013.
- "Thursday Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs, 'Swamp People', 'Ax Men', 'Pauly D Project', 'Eagleheart', 'Don't Be Tardy For The Wedding' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 2, 2013.
- "Thursday Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs + 'SportsCenter', 'Swamp People', 'Men at Work', 'Ax Men', 'Don't be Tardy for the Wedding', 'Sweet Genius' + More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 2, 2013.
- "Thursday Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs Win Night, 'Swamp People', 'Mountain Men', 'Men at Work', 'Don't Be Tardy For the Wedding','Eagleheart' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 2, 2013.
- "Thursday Cable Ratings: Heats/Celtics Beat 'Swamp People' + 'Mountain Men', 'Men at Work', 'Don't Be Tardy for the Wedding'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 2, 2013.
- "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Swamp People' Wins Night, 'Burn Notice', 'Suits', 'Men at Work', 'Mountain Men', 'Don't Be Tardy For The Wedding' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 2, 2013.
- "Tuesday's Cable Ratings: "Deadliest Catch," "Storage Wars" Returns Top Charts". The Futon Critic. April 17, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 23, 2013). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs Win Night + 'Deadliest Catch', 'Tosh.0', 'Storage Wars' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (May 1, 2013). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Tosh.0' Wins Night, NBA Playoffs, 'Deadliest Catch', 'The Game', 'Inside Amy Schumer', 'Dance Moms' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 8, 2013). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs Win Again + 'Tosh.0', 'Deadliest Catch', 'The Game', 'Counting Cars' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 15, 2013). "Tuesday Cable Ratings:NBA Basketball Wins Night + 'Tosh.0', 'The Game', 'Storage Wars', 'Inside Amy Schumer' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (May 22, 2013). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs Win Night, 'Deadliest Catch', 'Bad Girls Club', 'The Game', 'Inside Amy Schumer' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (May 30, 2013). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs Win Night, 'Deadliest Catch', 'Real Husbands of Hollywood', 'Counting Cars', 'Backyard Oil' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (June 5, 2013). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Deadliest Catch' Wins Night + 'Storage Wars', 'American Restoration', 'Counting Cars' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (June 12, 2013). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Pretty Little Liars' Wins Night, 'Deadliest Catch', 'Storage Wars', 'Dance Moms', 'Haves & the Have Nots' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (June 26, 2013). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Catfish' & 'Rizzoli & Isles' Win Night, 'Pretty Little Liars', 'Deadliest Catch', 'Perception' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (July 18, 2014). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Pawn Stars' Tops Night + 'Loiter Squad', 'Married', 'Pawnography' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 18, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (July 25, 2014). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Pawn Stars' Tops Night + 'Pawnography', 'Loiter Squad', 'The Daily Show' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 26, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (July 29, 2014). "TSunday Cable Ratings: 'True Blood' Leads Night + NASCAR, 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians', 'The Last Ship', 'The Strain' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 29, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (August 1, 2014). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Pawn Stars' Wins Night, 'Pawnography', 'Loiter Squad', 'Beyond Scared Straight', 'Dominion' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 1, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (August 8, 2014). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Black Jesus' Wins Night, 'Pawn Stars', 'Project Runway', 'Dominion', 'Defiance' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 8, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (August 15, 2014). "Thursday Cable Ratings: Preseason Football Leads Night + 'Sharkageddon', 'I Escaped Jaws II', 'Black Jesus' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 15, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (August 19, 2014). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'True Blood' Wins Night, 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians', 'The Strain', 'The Last Ship', 'The Leftovers' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (August 26, 2014). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'Video Music Awards' Tops Night + 'True Blood', 'The Strain', 'The Last Ship' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 26, 2014.
- "Don't Be Tardy - Episode Guide for Season 3". Zap2it. Retrieved August 17, 2014.