Don't Come Home a Drinkin' (With Lovin' on Your Mind)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011)|
|Don't Come Home a Drinkin' (With Lovin' on Your Mind)|
|Studio album by Loretta Lynn|
|Loretta Lynn chronology|
Don't Come Home a Drinkin' (With Lovin' on Your Mind) is the seventh studio album released by American country singer-songwriter, Loretta Lynn. The album was released in 1967.
Don't Come Home a Drinkin was released shortly after the release of the title track in late 1966. The lead single peaked at #1 on the Billboard Country Chart, Lynn's first #1 hit on the chart. The album became the first album by a female Country singer to be certified "Gold" by the RIAA, meaning the album has sold 500,000 copies or more. "Don't Come Home A' Drinkin'" was the only single release off the album. Two tracks were released for Lynn's first of two 1967 regular studio albums. The album includes a cover version of "There Goes My Everything". Besides the lead single, Lynn wrote or co-wrote two songs for the album, "I Got Caught" and "Get What 'Cha Got and Go".
Allmusic gave Lynn's album a positive review, rating it five stars and calling her choice of selecting cover versions as something that "suits her perfectly", including her cover version of Ernest Tubb's "The Shoe Goes on the Other Foot Tonight".
As Lynn was beginning to get more control of her albums, she began to write more of her singles herself. This album set the trend for the future albums Lynn would record. The album peaked at #1 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart, her second album to do so. It also peaked at #80 on the Billboard 200.
- "Don't Come Home A' Drinkin' (With Lovin' on Your Mind)" - 2:05 (Lynn, Peggy Sue Wells)
- "I Really Don't Want to Know" - 2:56 (Howard Barnes, Don Robertson)
- "Tomorrow Never Comes" - 2:42 (Johnny Bond, Ernest Tubb)
- "There Goes My Everything" - 2:46 (Dallas Frazier)
- "The Shoe Goes on the Other Foot Tonight" - 2:30 (Billy Mize)
- "Saint to a Sinner" - 2:27 (Betty Sue Perry)
- "The Devil Gets His Dues" - 2:14 (Darrell Statler)
- "I Can't Keep Away from You" - 2:00 (Darrell Statler)
- "I'm Living In Two Worlds" - 2:42 (Jan Crutchfield)
- "Get What 'Cha Got and Go" - 2:00 (Lynn, Ron Williams, Leona Williams)
- "Making Plans" - (Voni Morrison, Johnny Russell)
- "I Got Caught" - 2:01 (Lynn)
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000^|
^shipments figures based on certification alone
- Loretta Lynn – vocals
Album – Billboard (North America)
Singles - Billboard (North America)
|1967||"Don't Come Home A' Drinkin' (With Lovin' on Your Mind)"||Country Singles||1|
- Allmusic review
- "American album certifications – Loretta Lynn – Come Home a Drinkin". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH