Don't Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings
|Don't Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings|
|April 11, 2006|
|Media type||Print (Hardback & Paperback)|
Don't Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings is a 2006 humor novel and New York Times bestseller by Tyler Perry and focuses on his character of Madea. The book won the 2006 Quills Awards for Book of the Year, and spent twelve weeks on the USA Today bestseller list.
Don't Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings is a collection of advice, stories, and wisdom written in the viewpoint of Madea. The topics covered in the book range from marriage, family, finance, religion, and gun care.
Critical reception to Don't Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings was mixed to positive. AALBC.com wrote "it's unfortunate that someone being touted as a role model would have so many negative traits, even if it's all just a joke" but that the book was "not intended to be taken at face value". Publishers Weekly called the book "a surprisingly fresh compilation of homespun advice". AudioFile positively reviewed the audiobook, saying that Tyler "makes the most of this audio form, and his own heartfelt epilogue gives a glimpse into the creative spirit who brings us Madea". Booklist wrote that "tucked into all the silliness that is part of the character is some sound advice on life".
- God and Tyler Perry vs. Hollywood Time
- Nora Roberts, Maya Angelou win Quills awards MSNBC
- Don’t Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings USA Today
- READ EXCERPT: 'Don't Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings,' by Tyler Perry ABC News
- 5 Life Lessons from Tyler Perry's Madea Reelz
- Don't Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings: Madea's Uninhibited Commentaries on Love and Life AALBC.com
- Nonfiction review: Don’t Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings Publishers Weekly
- DON'T MAKE A BLACK WOMAN TAKE OFF HER EARRINGS AudioFile
- Don’t Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings Booklist