Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling
|"Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling"|
|Single by Dannii Minogue|
|from the album Neon Nights|
|B-side||"Don't Wanna Lose This Groove"
|Released||9 June 2003|
|Format||CD single, 12-inch single, Cassette single|
|Length||3:50 (album version)
3:33 (video mix/al stones radio version)
|Label||London, Warner, Ultra|
|Writer(s)||B. Alexandre, M. Joly, D. Minogue, T. Ronald, J. Theochari and C. Troillard |
|Producer(s)||Neimo & Al Stone|
|Dannii Minogue singles chronology|
"Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling" is a dance-pop for Dannii Minogue's 2003 album Neon Nights. The song was released as the album's fourth single in June 2003. The single reached the top twenty in multiple countries, and topped the club charts in the United Kingdom. Its music video, directed by Phil Griffin, features Minogue dancing on a beach with her lover and friends.
A mashup between "Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling" and Madonna's 1985 single "Into the Groove" was also issued. Inspired by the many bootleg recordings being made in the UK, Minogue sent Madonna a copy of the mashup for her legal approval. Madonna, an artist who rarely approves of others using her music, called it "brilliant". Minogue and Della Sabina described Madonna's approval as "the biggest, most amazing thing".
The music video for "Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling" was directed by Phil Griffin and filmed in 2003. The video begins with Minogue sitting and dancing on the porch of a colourfully lit beach house. She is then shown sitting in a car and singing her lover. They are soon joined by a large group of dancing people on the beach. The video concludes with scenes of Minogue being filmed by her lover and performing a dance routine with two female backup dancers.
The music video was released commercially on various enhanced CD single formats. It was also included on The Hits & Beyond special edition companion DVD (2006) and Dannii Minogue: The Video Collection (2007).
"Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling" was officially released in the United Kingdom and Ireland on 9 June 2003. The song debuted on the UK Singles Chart on 21 June 2003 at number five. The following week, "Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling" fell to number eighteen and exited the chart in its ninth week of release. The track became Minogue's seventh Upfront Club Chart number one in the UK. n Ireland, the track reached number thirty-eight on the singles chart. The song was also successful in Europe. It reached the top fifty in Belgium and France.
In Australia, "Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling" debuted at number twenty-two on 27 July 2003 and remained on the chart for four weeks. In the United States, the song reached number eight on the Billboard Hot Dance Airplay chart.
Formats and track listings
These are the formats and track listings of major single releases of "Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling".
UK CD single
Australian CD single
The following people contributed to "Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling":
- Dannii Minogue – lead vocals
- Neimo, Al Stone – production
- Etienne Colin – mixing
- Loolah – photography
- "DON'T WANNA LOSE THIS FEELING (Title Code: 340839338)". ASCAP. Retrieved 2008-11-22.
- "Dannographii: Singles: Who Do You Love Now?". DanniiMusic.com. Retrieved 3 November 2008.
- Slomowicz, Ron. "Dannii Minogue Interview". About.com. Retrieved 6 November 2008.
- "Chart Stats: Dannii Minogue - Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling". ChartStats.com. Retrieved 7 November 2008.
- "Discography Dannii Minogue". Irish-Charts.com. Retrieved 3 November 2008.
- "Discografie Dannii Minogue". UltraTop.be/nl. Retrieved 3 November 2008.
- "Discographie Dannii Minogue". LesCharts.com. Retrieved 3 November 2008.
- "Discography Dannii Minogue". Australian-Charts.com. Retrieved 3 November 2008.
- "Artist Chart History - Dannii Minogue". Billboard. Retrieved 3 November 2008.
- "Dannographii: "Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling" remixes". DanniiMusic.com. Retrieved 7 November 2008.
- "Discografie Dannii Minogue". DutchCharts.nl. Retrieved 3 November 2008.
- "Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling" (CD single liner notes). London Records. June 2003