Don't You Want Me (Felix song)
|"Don't You Want Me"|
|Single by Felix|
|from the album #1|
|Released||23 February 1992|
|Format||CD single, CD maxi, 7" single,
12" maxi, cassette
|Genre||House, Eurodance, dance|
4:01 (Album Version)3:10 (Single Version)
|Label||Deconstruction, RCA, BMG, Big Beat|
|Writer(s)||Derek A. Jenkins, Dwayne Richardson, Paul Scott, Joanne Thomas, Felix, Cheri Williams|
|Producer(s)||Felix (co-produced by Rollo and Red Jerry)|
|Felix singles chronology|
"Don't You Want Me" is a dance / electronic song recorded by British DJ and producer Francis Wright, known under the pseudonym of Felix. It was released as his debut single from his album #1 in late 1992. Musically, it samples Jomanda's "Don't You Want My Love" and credited as Felix featuring Jomanda (co-produced by Rollo and Red Jerry). It went to number one on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Play chart and on the European Hot 100 Singles chart. It also reached number 6 in the UK Singles Chart in 1992. In 1995 and 1996, the song charted again, but in remixed form.
This song is largely considered to be the track that launched the hardbag explosion. It appears on the compilation The Best Dance Album in the World... Ever! in remixed form, and was used in the episode "New Girl" of the TV series The Office. It was also famously featured in St George, a 1997 Tango Blackcurrant advertisement for television. On the single re-release, the Tango Blackcurrant logo even appears.
Charts and sales
1 1995 remixes
"Sweat (A La La La La Long)" by Inner Circle
|Swiss number-one single
15 November 1992 – 6 December 1992
"Die da" by Die Fantastischen Vier
"Deeper and Deeper" by Madonna
|Billboard Hot Dance Club Play number-one single
6 February 1993
"Gonna Get Back to You" by MAW and Co. featuring Xaviera Gold
- A remix of the song "Don't You Want Me (Pugilist Mix)" formed the soundtrack to the multi award-winning TV commercial for Blackcurrant Tango.
- In 2005, Crazy Frog made its own version of the song, available on the album More Crazy Hits.
- In 2007, it was sampled by Meck to provide the majority of the music for his single "Feels Like Home". In 2008, Madonna used elements of Meck's version during "Like a Prayer" on the Sticky & Sweet Tour.
- The song was also covered by Belgian jazz musician Jef Neve as part of the soundtrack for the movie adaptation of Dimitri Verhulst's De Helaasheid der Dingen.
- In 2011, David Guetta used the track for the basis of the radio remix for Snoop Dogg's single "Sweat (Wet)".
- "Don't You Want Me", in various singles charts Lescharts.com (Retrieved 14 April 2009)
- Belgian peak
- Nyman, Jake (2005). Suomi soi 4: Suuri suomalainen listakirja (in Finnish) (1st ed.). Helsinki: Tammi. ISBN 951-31-2503-3.
- Irish Singles Chart Irishcharts.ie (Retrieved 14 April 2009)
- Top Italian singles of 1992
- "Single top 100 over 1992" (pdf) (in Dutch). Top40. Retrieved 14 April 2010.
- Salaverri, Fernando (September 2005). Sólo éxitos: año a año, 1959–2002 (1st ed.). Spain: Fundación Autor-SGAE. ISBN 84-8048-639-2.
- "Don't You Want Me", UK Singles Chart Chartstats.com (Retrieved 14 April 2009)
- Billboard allmusic.com (Retrieved 14 April 2009)
- Finnish 1995 peak
- "Don't You Want Me" (1995 remixes), UK Singles Chart Chartstats.com (Retrieved 14 April 2009)
- "Don't You Want Me" (1996 remixes), UK Singles Chart Chartstats.com (Retrieved 14 April 2009)
- "1993 Swiss Singles Chart" (in German). Swisscharts. Retrieved 14 April 2010.
- "French single certifications – Felix – Don't You Want Me" (in French). InfoDisc. Select FELIX and click OK
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Felix; 'Don't You Want Me')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie.