|Born||Donald G. Addis
September 13, 1935
|Died||November 29, 2009(aged 74)|
|Awards||National Cartoonist Society Newspaper Panel Cartoon Award, 1993
Ignatz Award (OrlandoCon)
He received his bachelor's degree from the University of Florida, where he was in charge of the production lab for the student newspaper, The Alligator (later The Independent Florida Alligator). His work includes a self-published collection of his work at the U of F, and the comic strips:
- Briny Deep (1980)
- The Great John L. (1982–1984)
- Babyman (1985)
- Bent Offerings (1988–2004)
Addis received the National Cartoonist Society Newspaper Panel Cartoon Award for 1992 for his work on Bent Offerings.
- Strickler, Dave. Syndicated Comic Strips and Artists, 1924-1995: The Complete Index. Cambria, CA: Comics Access, 1995. ISBN 0-9700077-0-1.
- "About Don Addis," St. Petersburg Times. Accessed Jan. 4, 2013.
- "Today’s Comics Guide: September 13, 2011". CBGXtra. September 13, 2011.
- Addis, Don. "Addis has left the building," St. Petersburg Times (Aug. 16, 2004).
- Meacham, Andrew. "Former Times cartoonist Don Addis dies," St. Petersburg Times (Dec. 1, 2009).
- "In Memorium: Don Addis, 1935–2009," The Perplexed Observer (blog), Thursday, December 3, 2009.
- NCS Division Awards – National Cartoonists Society
- Don Addis editorial cartoon, St. Petersburg Times (Dec. 31, 1999)
|This profile of a comic strip creator, writer, or artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|