Don Brothwell is an emeritus professor of archaeology at the University of York in York, England who specializes in human palaeoecology and environmental archaeology. Brothwell retired but continues with research projects including an investigation of Mummies in the Yemen.
 Published works
- With J. Baker. 1980. Animal Diseases in Archaeology. London: Academic Press.
- 1969. "The palaeopathology of Pleistocene and more recent mammals," pp 310–314. In Brothwell, D. and Higgs, E (eds.), Science in Archaeology. New York: Thames and Hudson.
- 1981. Digging up Bones. Third Edition. New York: Cornell University Press.
- 1988. "Smut, scab and pox: disease and environmental archaeology," pp273–277. In Bintliff, J.L., Davidson, D.A. and Grant, E.G. (eds.), Conceptual Issues in Environmental Archaeology. Edinburgh: University Press.
- 1988. "On zoonoses and their relevance to paleopathology," pp 18–22. In Ortner, D.J and Aufderheide, A.C (eds.). Human Paleopathology: Current Syntheses and Future Options. Washington and London: Smithsonian Institution Press.
- 1991. "Malocclusion and methodology: The problem and relevance of dental malalignment in animals." International Journal of Osteoarchaeology 1: 27-37.
- 1993. "Avian osteopathology and its evaluation." Archaeofauna 2: 33-43.
- 2000. "On the complex nature of microbial ecodynamics in relation to earlier human palaeoecology," in G. Bailey, R. Charles and N. Winder (eds) Human ecodynamics
- 2000. "Studies on skeletal and dental variation: a view across two centuries," in M. Cox and S. Mays (eds) Human osteology in archaeology and forensic science
- 2002. "Ancient avian osteopetrosis: the current state of knowledge. Proceedings of the 4th Meeting of the ICAZ Bird Working Group Kraków, Poland, 11–15 September 2001." Acta zoologica cracoviensia 45 (special issue): 315-318.
- With K. Dobney, and A. Ervynck. 1996. "On the causes of perforations in archaeological domestic cattle skulls." International Journal of Osteoarchaeology 6: 471-487.
- With A. T. Sandison (eds.) 1967. Diseases in Antiquity. Springfield: Thomas.
- With K. Dobney. 1988. "A Scanning Electron Microscope Study of Archaeological Dental Calculus," pp 372–385. In Olsen, S.L (ed.) Scanning Electron Microscopy in Archaeology. British Archaeological Reports International Series 452. Oxford: BAR.
 External links