Don Brown (author)
June 3, 1960 |
Plymouth, North Carolina, U.S.
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Alma mater||University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill|
|Notable work(s)||Treason, Black Sea Affair, Malacca Conspiracy|
|Children||Mary Claire Brown, Caroline Mitchell Brown, Graham Hardison Brown|
Don Brown (Donald Mitchell Brown, Jr.) was born June 3, 1960 in Plymouth, North Carolina, USA. Brown is an author of eight published novels, and is perhaps best known for his bestselling novel, Treason, released by Zondervan Publishing Company in 2005. Treason explored the issues and dangers of radical Islamic infiltration in the US military.
A Washington County, North Carolina native currently living in Charlotte, North Carolina, Brown received his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and received a Juris Doctor degree from Campbell University's Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law. He continued his studies at the United States Naval War College in Newport, Rhode Island, earning the Navy's nonresident certificate in International Law. Brown spent five years in the U.S. Navy as an officer in the Judge Advocate General's Corps (JAG). Brown is author of Zondervan's Navy Justice Series: including Treason (2005), Hostage (2005), Defiance (2006), and Black Sea Affair, released in 2008. His fifth novel, Malacca Conspiracy, a novel in which terrorists launch attacks against oil tankers in the Malacca Straights, was released in 2010.
Brown's sixth novel, Thunder in the Morning Calm, a novel that explores the question of whether American servicemen who were listed as MIAs may still be alive in North Korea from the Korean War, was released in the summer of 2011.
Thunder in the Morning Calm was the first novel released in Zondervan's Pacific Rim Series, and Brown has stated in interviews that he penned the novel in part to bring attention to the issue of Americans left behind in North Korean prison camps at the end of the Korean War.
Navy Justice series
- Treason (Zondervan Publishing, 2005)ISBN 0310259339
- Hostage (Zondervan Publishing, 2006)ISBN 0310259347
- Treason - Large Print Hard Cover (Thorndike Press, 2006)ISBN 0786291702
- Defiance (Zondervan Publishing, 2007)ISBN 0310272130
- Black Sea Affair (Zondervan Publishing, 2007)ISBN 0310272149
- Hostage - Large Print Hard Cover (Thorndike Press, 2007)ISBN 9780786292967
- Defiance - Large Print Hard Cover (Thorndike Press, 2008)ISBN 9781410406644
- Treason - Audiobook (Zondervan Publishing, 2009)ASIN B001THVZPC
- Hostage - Audiobook (Zondervan Publishing, 2009)ASIN B001TJLCXK
- Defiance - Audiobook (Zondervan Publishing, 2009)ASIN B001TJLCYE
- Black Sea Affair - Audiobook (Zondervan Publishing, 2010)ASIN
- Malacca Conspiracy (Zondervan Publishing, 2010)ISBN 0310272157 B003AOVPI4
- Malacca Conspiracy - Audiobook (Zondervan Publishing, 2010)ASIN B00416U6BC
- Treason/Hostage Compilation (Zondervan Publishing, 2010)ISBN 9780310329749
Pacific Rim series
- Thunder in the Morning Calm (Zondervan Publishing, 2011)ISBN 0310330149
- Thunder in the Morning Calm - Audiobook (Zondervan Publishing, 2011)ASIN B005G3XHXS
- Fire of the Raging Dragon (Zondervan Publishing, 2012)ISBN 9780310410447
- Fire of the Raging Dragon - Audiobook (Zondervan Publishing, 2012)ASIN B00A7G7N20
- Storming the Black Ice (Harper Collins Publishing, 2014)ISBN 9780310410454
- Storming the Black Ice - Audiobook (Zondervan Publishing, 2012)ASIN 149150143X
Don Brown is also an attorney licensed in North and South Carolina. He is the owner of Brown & Associates, PLLC, a law firm located in Charlotte, NC,  where he practices law in the areas of Civil Litigation, Criminal Defense, Family Law, and Estate Planning.
- Google Books:Malacca Conspiracy:Dedication to Children
- Campbell University:Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law - Family Tradition, Mary Claire Brown, Class of 2014
- Barton College Hackney Library Guest Lecturers 2007
- Japan Times Article, August 22, 2010
- Pearl Harbor-Hickam AFB News,July 8,2011
- Charlotte Weekly Article, July 21, 2011
- Don Brown interview with Bob Crittenden on “The Meeting House,” Faith Radio Network, Montgomery, Alabama, September 14, 2011
- Family Fiction Magazine -- Heroism and Heartache; Three Authors Who Write Military Fiction by Rel Mollet -- November, December 2011 (p. 26 of 66)
- HarperCollins Publishers Authortracker
- World Magazine -- Debt and Destruction:Books:Insights into America's Rise Illuminate the Causes of her Unraveling, by Marvin Olasky -- November 30, 2012
- WZZM TV 13 (ABC affiliate Grand Haven, MI) -- New Book Foretelling Fictional Military Showdown Gets Grand Haven Residents Talking About Propaganda, by Pam Mettler -- December 14, 2012
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Don Brown (author)|
- Don Brown Official Website
- Don Brown Amazon Author Page
- Don Brown's Law Firm, Brown & Associates, PLLC