Prior to being elected to the House, Hineman served as a Lane County Commissioner for 16 years, and was a member of the Dighton City Council for 3½ years.
He has been president of the Kansas Livestock Association, chairman of the Kansas Alliance for Education, and sat on the board of the National Cattlemen's Beef Association.
Hineman and wife Betsy have been married for 38 years.
- Vision 2020
- Veterans, Military and Homeland Security
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
The top 5 donors to Hineman's 2008 campaign:
- 1. Kansas Republican Party $1,500
- 2. Kansas Contractors Assoc $500
- 3. Campbell, Loren & Amber $500
- 4. Pioneer Inc $500
- 5. Stanley, Ellen May $500
- Hineman for Kansas Biography
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
- Official Website
- Kansas Legislature - Don Hineman
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- Campaign contributions: 2008