Don M. Wilson III
Don M. Wilson III (1948- ) is an American banker and an expert in global capital markets and risk management. He was appointed as the first Chief Risk Officer at JPMorgan Chase & Co. in 2003  and retired in 2006. He began his career in the management training program at Chemical Bank in New York in 1973 and later held senior executive positions in New York, Tokyo, and London.
On June 8, 2013, he was awarded the Tuck Overseers Medal from The Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire.
On March 28, 2008, Bank of Montreal, Canada's first bank, founded in 1817, which is also known as BMO Financial Group, announced that Wilson had been appointed to its Board of Directors. He is Chair of the Risk Review Committee of the BMO Board. . In 2011, PineBridge Investments appointed Wilson to its Board of Directors.
He is also on the Board of Directors of Goodwill Industries of Greater New York and Northern New Jersey, Inc. and a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. He has served as a trustee of St. Bernard's School, a boys' private school in New York which two of his children attended. He has been a Trustee at the Brick Presbyterian Church in Manhattan. Beginning in 2005, Wilson has served as Chairman of Tuck Annual Giving at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College and has served as an Overseer at Tuck School for more than ten years. Since 2005 Wilson has served as Chair of Leadership Giving and Chair of Reunion Giving for the Harvard University Class of 1970. In 2003 he was given the Albert H. Gordon '23 Award by the Harvard College Fund. For many years Wilson has served on the Museum & Archives Committee at the United States Golf Association.
He has a bachelor's degree from cum laude Harvard University in 1970 and a Master of Business Administration degree from the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College in 1973. He married Lynn Suzanne Byron in 1984 and they have three children: James Matthew, Charlotte Suzanne, and Robert Ross. A fourth child, William Ross Reid, died as an infant.
Mr. Wilson has edited, introduced, and published three books on his hometown ("Ravenna---A Bicentennial Album of 19th Century Photographs" (1999), "Here at My Window: Poems by Bernice Douglass" (2001), "Greetings from Ravenna: Picture Postcards, 1905-1925" (2009)). Mr. Wilson has also edited, introduced, and published four golf history books ("Aspects of Some Nineteenth Century Golfing Pamphlets" (2005), "Walking the Fairways with Golf Artist Bill Waugh" (2008), "A Journey Through the Annals of The Golfing Annuals, 1888-1910" (2011), "Rarities in the Library of Golf: Selections from the 19th Century" (2013)).
- Press release, July 16, 2003. J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. Announces Executive Changes.
- Foster, Beverly J. "Those timeless questions: an interview with Don M. Wilson III, chief risk officer, J.P. Morgan Chase.(Interview)." The RMA Journal 86.3 (Nov 2003): 8(9).
- He began his career in the management training program at Chemical Bank in 1973.subjectParam=Locale%2528en%252C%252C%2529%253AFQE%253D%2528su%252CNone%252C17%2529Don%2BM.%2BWIlson%2BIII%2524&contentSet=IAC-Documents&sort=DateDescend&tabID=T003&sgCurrentPosition=0&subjectAction=DISPLAY_SUBJECTS&prodId=IPS&searchId=R1¤tPosition=2&userGroupName=tplmain&resultListType=RESULT_LIST&sgHitCountType=None&qrySerId=Locale%28en%2C%2C%29%3AFQE%3D%28ke%2CNone%2C17%29Don+M.+WIlson+III%24&inPS=true&searchType=BasicSearchForm&displaySubject=&docId=A109738760&docType=IAC&contentSet=IAC-Documents Rieker, Matthias. "In Brief: JPMorgan Chase Chief Risk Officer Retiring." American Banker 171.166 (August 29, 2006): 20. General OneFile. Gale. TORONTO PUBLIC LIBRARIES (CELPLO). 28 Mar. 2008
- CBC News, Friday, March 28, 2008, 10:54 AM EDT After bets go bad, Bank of Montreal recruits a risk specialist. Retired JPMorgan Chase executive joins BMO board
- Bank of Montreal press release, March 28, 2008. BMO Appoints Don M. Wilson III to its Board of Directors
- Raven Hall of Fame – Don M. Wilson III
- Goodwill Industries of Greater New York and Northern New Jersey, Inc – Board of Directors, retrieved 2008-03-28
- Council on Foreign Relations, Annual Report 2004, Committees of the Board
- St. Bernard's School. Newsletter, Winter 2001. Trustees