|Full name||Donal Jeremiah McDermott|
|Date of birth||19 October 1989|
|Place of birth||Ashbourne, Ireland|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Playing position||Winger / Forward|
|2008||→ Milton Keynes Dons (loan)||2||(0)|
|2009||→ Chesterfield (loan)||15||(5)|
|2010||→ Scunthorpe United (loan)||9||(0)|
|2011||→ Bournemouth (loan)||9||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23:49, 15 July 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
McDermott began his career at Ashbourne United then moved to Cherry Orchard of Dublin, where he was scouted, and signed up by Manchester City. He was a member of the team that clinched the 2008 FA Youth Cup for the Blues. In September 2008, McDermott joined Football League One side Milton Keynes Dons on a one-month loan deal, making his début against Oldham Athletic. This would turn out to be his only appearance for the MK Dons as his loan spell was ended prematurely due to injury.
McDermott returned to Manchester City where he remained in the reserves for the remainder of the season. At the start of the following season he signed a new two-year deal to stay at the City of Manchester Stadium. After signing the new contract, McDermott joined Football League Two side Chesterfield on a three-month loan deal. He made his debut on the opening day of the season in a defeat to Torquay United, before scoring his first goal for the club on his home debut in a 1–0 win over Northampton Town.
Towards the end of the January 2010 transfer window McDermott went out on loan for a third time, this time until the end of the season at Championship side, Scunthorpe United. For the first seven months of the 2010–11 season Donal continued to play for the Manchester City Elite Development Squad before going out on loan for a fourth time on 24 March 2011, this time to Football League One club Bournemouth. He helped the Cherries reach the Play-offs following a sixth-placed finish by scoring against Huddersfield in the first leg but they were defeated on penalties by Huddersfield on the second leg. That was his only goal on loan at AFC Bournemouth.
On 1 July 2011, he signed a two-year contract with Huddersfield Town on the expiry of his contract at Eastlands. As he was offered a new deal, the fee will be decided by a tribunal. He made his Terriers debut in the 1–1 draw against Bury at the Galpharm Stadium on 6 August 2011. He scored his first goal for the club in the 2–1 win over Northampton Town at the Sixfields Stadium in the Football League Trophy on 30 August 2011.
On 31 January 2012, McDermott made a permanent switch from Huddersfield to return to Bournemouth.
- "MK Dons recruit Man City winger". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 12 September 2008. Retrieved 24 August 2009.
- "Oldham 2–0 MK Dons". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 13 September 2008. Retrieved 24 August 2009.
- "McDermott signs for two more years". mcfc.co.uk. (Manchester City Football Club). 26 June 2009. Retrieved 24 August 2009.
- "McDermott transfer confirmed". chesterfieldfc.co.uk. (Chesterfield Football Club). 8 August 2009. Retrieved 24 August 2009.
- "Torquay 2–0 Chesterfield". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 8 August 2009. Retrieved 24 August 2009.
- "Chesterfield 1–0 Northampton". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 15 August 2009. Retrieved 24 August 2009.
- "McDermott joins Iron on loan". mcfc.co.uk. (Manchester City Football Club). 26 January 2010. Retrieved 24 March 2011.
- "Bournemouth sign Manchester City's Donal McDermott". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 24 March 2011. Retrieved 24 March 2011.
- "McDERMOTT BECOMES THIRD SUMMER CAPTURE". htafc.com. 1 July 2011. Retrieved 1 July 2011.
- "Bournemouth sign Huddersfield winger Donal McDermott". BBC Football. 31 January 2012. Retrieved 5 February 2012.
- "McDermott Signing Confirmed". Dundalk F.C. 5 July 2014. Retrieved 5 July 2014.