Donald Graham Burt
Donald Graham Burt is a film production designer. He has worked on multiple films including The Joy Luck Club, Dangerous Minds, and Donnie Brasco, as well as with David Fincher on Zodiac in 2007. In 2008 he designed the sets for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button which won an Academy Award for Best Art Direction in 2009, an Art Directors Guild Award for Best Achievement in Art Direction, and a BAFTA Film Award for Best Production Design, along with a nomination for a Satellite Award for Best Art Direction & Production Design.
Burt is a 1976 graduate of Independence (Kansas) High School and studied art at the University of Arizona.
- Gone Girl (2014)
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)
- The Social Network (2010)
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)
- It Might Get Loud (2008)
- Zodiac (2007)
- In an Instant (2005)
- Because of Winn-Dixie (2005)
- White Oleander (2002)
- The Center of the World (2001)
- Anywhere But Here (1999)
- A Cool, Dry Place (1998)
- Donnie Brasco (1997)
- Kazaam (1996)
- Dangerous Minds (1995)
- The Joy Luck Club (1993)
Awards & nomination
- 2009 Academy Award for Best Art Direction
- 2009 Art Directors Guild Award for Best Achievement in Art Direction
- 2009 BAFTA Film Award for Best Production Design
- 2009 Satellite Award nomination for Best Art Direction & Production Design
- Scott, A. O. "Donald Graham Burt filmography". New York Times. Retrieved 2009-02-27.
- Sciretta, Peter (February 22, 2009). "2009 Academy Awards Winners". Slash Film. Retrieved 2009-02-27.
- "Art Directors Guild Awards 2009". Art Directors Guild. Retrieved 2009-02-27.
- "Bafta Film Awards 2009: The winners". BBC News. February 8, 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-27.
- Ryan, Adams (November 30, 2008). "Satellite Award Nominees". Awards Daily. Retrieved 2009-02-27.
- Independence (Kansas) Daily Reporter, February 23, 2009, p 1