Donald Justin Wolfram
|Donald Justin Wolfram|
|Born||November 13, 1919
Zarephath, New Jersey
|Died||August 25, 2003 (aged 83)
|Cause of death||Pancreatic cancer|
|Resting place||Belleview Cemetery|
|Occupation||Religious leader, educator, and administrator|
|Title||General Superintendent of the Pillar of Fire Church|
|Successor||Robert B. Dallenbach|
|Spouse(s)||Phyllis Ester Hoffman (1921-1985) (m. 1948–85)|
|Parents||Gertrude Metlen (1888-1959)
Albert L. Wolfram (1877-1962)
|Relatives||Gordon W. Wolfram (1922-1992), brother
Orland A. Wolfram, brother
Alma White, grandaunt
He was born November 13, 1919 in the Zarephath section of Franklin Township, Somerset County, New Jersey, to Gertrude Metlen (1888-1959) and Albert Wolfram (1877-1962). Both were missionaries in the Pillar of Fire Church. Gertrude Metlen was the daughter of the former Venora Ella Bridwell (sister of Alma Bridwell White, founder of the Pillar of Fire) and David Evans Metlen of Dillon, Montana. Gertrude had the following siblings: Bruce Joseph Metlen; Genevieve E. Metlen; and Dale E. Metlen. None of her siblings married or had children. Gertrude and Albert had married in 1909. Wolfram had two siblings: Orland A. Wolfram (1912-1987) who died in Guatemala; and Gordon W. Wolfram (1922-1992).
He was ordained as a minister in 1935 at age 16. He earned his B.S. from Alma White College. He next obtained his M.S. from Columbia University, and his Ph.D. from the University of Denver. He married Phyllis Esther Hoffman (1921-1985) on December 20, 1948 and had the following children: Suzanne Wolfram who married David M. Larue; Phillip J. Wolfram who married Neta L. M.; Charlene L. W. who married Keith R. Maines; Donna J. W. who married Ron R. Reiner; and Lorraine J. Wolfram who married Bruce Lepley. Wolfram taught at the Pillar of Fire high schools and colleges and was the dean of Belleview College in Westminster, Colorado. He was co-pastor of the Pillar of Fire Alma Temple in Denver. He had a radio program on KPOF. He also had several programs on WAWZ in New Jersey and WAKW in Cincinnati.
- "Promoted to Glory: Donald Justin Wolfram, 83, Bishop". Belleview College. Retrieved 2007-02-14. "Dr. Donald J. Wolfram left this life on August 25, 2003, after a brief bout with pancreatic cancer. He was 83."
- Mead, Frank Spencer (1990). Handbook of Denominations in the United States. ISBN 0-687-16572-5. "Mrs. White was the first bishop of Pillar of Fire; on her death, ... president and general superintendent, and was succeeded in 1984 by Donald J. Wolfram. ..."
- "Orland A. Wolfram". Pillar of Fire Church. Retrieved 2007-02-14. "Orland Albert Wolfram was born in 1912, the first of three sons, to Pillar of Fire missionaries Rev. Albert and Rev. Gertrude Wolfram. ..."
- "Donald Wolfram moved souls during street services". Denver Post. August 29, 2003. Retrieved 2007-07-21. "Donald Wolfram, who was an early participant in religious street meetings in Lower Downtown Denver, died Monday of pancreatic cancer."
- Wolfram, Gertrude Metlen (1956). The Saga of a Pioneer Family: The Maitlands, Mettlens, and Metlens. "Donald J. Wolfram was married to Phyllis Esther Hoffman, December 20, 1948 ..."