Strickland with the Jets in 2011.
|No. 30, 33, 27|
|Date of birth:||November 24, 1980|
|Place of birth:||San Francisco, California|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||185 lb (84 kg)|
|College:||The University of Colorado|
|NFL draft:||2003 / Round: 3 / Pick: 90|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics
|Stats at NFL.com|
Donald Darell Strickland (born November 24, 1980) is a former American football cornerback. He was drafted by the Indianapolis Colts in the third round of the 2003 NFL Draft. He played college football at Colorado.
Strickland attended Archbishop Riordan High School in San Francisco, California. As a senior at Riordan, Strickland was a standout All-League running back. His uncle, Raymond Bell, played at UCLA and his cousin, Herb Ward, played at Southern California and in the NFL with the Dallas Cowboys. Strickland’s father, Donald, is a retired photographer for the NBC affiliate, KRON-4 in the Bay Area.
Strickland attended the University of Colorado. Strickland was a key part in the Buffaloes' run to a Big 12 Conference Championship in 2001. He had 78 tackles and two interceptions, both returned for touchdowns. In 2002 he had 86 tackles, and one interception returned 95 yards for a touchdown.
San Francisco 49ers
The San Francisco 49ers acquired him as a free agent on October 31, 2006. The 49ers released Strickland on February 26, 2007, but re-signed him on March 6, 2007 to a one-year deal. He re-signed with the 49ers on March 21, 2008 to a one-year contract.
New York Jets
San Diego Chargers
Second stint with Jets
On July 30, 2011, Strickland was re-signed by the New York Jets.
- "49ers maintain CB depth, re-sign Strickland to one-year deal". ESPN.com. March 21, 2008. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "New York Jets sign veteran cornerback Donald Strickland". nj.com. March 25, 2009. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "As expected, Jones, Strickland released". ESPN.com. March 5, 2010. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "San Diego Chargers Sign CB Donald Strickland". boltsfromtheblue.com. March 12, 2010. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "Chargers release WR Buster Davis as camp opens; Turner impressed with rookie QB Tolzien". Associated Press (Washington Post). Retrieved 29 July 2011.[dead link]
- Vrentas, Jenny. "Jets bring back cornerback Donald Strickland". Newark Star-Ledger. Retrieved 30 July 2011.