|Village of Donalda|
|Municipal district||County of Stettler No. 6|
|• Mayor||Bruce Gartside|
|• Governing body||Donalda Village Council|
|• Total||0.99 km2 (0.38 sq mi)|
|Elevation||780 m (2,560 ft)|
|• Density||262.3/km2 (679/sq mi)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
Donalda is a village in central Alberta, east of Ponoka. It was founded in 1911 and takes its name from Donalda Crossway, a niece of Sir Donald Mann, a Canadian Northern Railway official. It is home to the "World's Largest Oil Lamp", a 12.8 metres (42 ft) high structure, one of the Giants of the Prairies. The village was first named Eidswold by the Norwegian settlers who first founded the community. It was renamed Donalda in 1910, when the railroad came through.
In the 2011 Census, the Village of Donalda had a population of 259 living in 119 of its 140 total dwellings, a 15.6% change from its 2006 population of 224. With a land area of 0.99 km2 (0.38 sq mi), it had a population density of 261.6/km2 (677.6/sq mi) in 2011.
In 2006, Donalda had a population of 224 living in 115 dwellings, a -2.6% change from 2001. The village has a land area of 0.99 square kilometres (0.38 sq mi) and a population density of 226.9 /km2 (588 /sq mi).
- "Municipal Officials Search". Alberta Municipal Affairs. September 5, 2014. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- "Donalda". Unlock the Past with Central Alberta Regional Museum Network. Central Alberta Regional Museum Network. Retrieved 2014-04-25.
- "Mot Kanadas Nordvast: Pioneer Settlement by Scandinavians in Central Alberta" by William C. Wonders. Geografiska Annaler. Series B, Human Geography, Vol. 65, No. 2 (1983), pp. 129-152.
- Donalda Jubliee Committee (1963). Fifty years on the coulee rim: factual history of Donalda and district. Donalda, Alberta. p. 5.
- Statistics Canada (Census 2006). "Donalda: Community Profile". Retrieved 2007-06-07.
- Profile, tvguide.com; accessed April 12, 2014.