Donbas State Technical University
|Donbas State Technical University|
|Донбаський державний технічний університет|
The Administrative building of DonSTU
Donbas State Technical University (DonSTU) (Ukrainian: Донбаський державний технічний університет) is the university located in Alchevsk. It is a large centre of technical education and science in Ukraine.
The Donbas State Technical University was formed on October 12, 1957. At that time it had the name Voroshylovsk Mining-Metallurgical Institute.
In 1964 due to the changing of the town’s name it possessed the name Kommunarsk Mining-Metallurgical Institute. In 1992 it became Donbas Mining-Metallurgical Institute (DMMI).
By the order of Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine № 622 from July 27, 2004 Donbas Mining-Metallurgical Institute was reorganized as the Donbas State Technical University (DonSTU).
- Civil Engineering;
- Economics and Finances;
- Mechanical Engineering;
- Automation and Electro-technical Systems;
- Foreign Student’s department;
- Training-consulting center "Osvita";
- Institute of advanced study and advanced training courses for managers and leaders;
- Scientific Library.
University has seven separate departments in the regional cities:
University has two technical schools:
DonSTU has in its structure the scientific-research department, scientific-research design institute "Parameter", State Inter-institutional Center for Laser-Location Observation for manmade Earth satellites "Orion", having the status of National heritage of Ukraine, Donbas Department of East-Ukrainian branch of Archeology Institute of NASU, Alchevsk Branch of Institute of Physics of mining processes NASU and Ministry of education and science. Scientific and technological activity of Donbas Sate Technical University is carrying out according to priority development trends in science and engineering in Ukraine.
University issues its own newspaper "Impulse", which has become one of the best student’s newspapers and obtained the official recognition among youth’s mass media.
University’s faculty is proud of its historical museum, as well as mining-mineralogical museum with its unique collection of minerals.
DonSTU has its sanatorium-preventorium, sport-recreation camp "Altagir" at Azov seacoast, culture and leisure centre "Talant", art production centre "Lado".
Teachers & Scientists
614 regular teachers works at university (on January 2009).
15963 students studies at university (on January 2009). Among them:
- day form of training - 5535;
- correspondence form of training - 10428.
Education & Science
Training and advanced training of specialists is carrying out on multilevel system, adopted in Europe. During students’ training we use present-day technologies. Much attention is paid to practical training of our students. They have practical trainings at the largest industrial enterprises and companies of Ukraine.
DonSTU is one of the Ukrainian first institutions which put into teaching process the Bologna system and was recognized as the major institution leading in the implementation of new teaching methods.
The main partners in scientific and educational spheres are the universities in Great Britain, Hungary, Poland, Russia, Slovakia and Turkey. DonSTU initiate starting cooperation with German and Chinese universities. Among the most successful recent projects are the following ones:
- training the group of 20 students of DonSTU in Dunaujvarosh Institute (Hungary) on specialty "Management in Metallurgical industry", which is organized through the support of "Industrial Union of Donbass" Corporation;
- successful accreditation of DonSTU with Higher Education Board of Turkish Republic (such accreditation in Turkey possessed only three Ukrainian universities) means, that our diploma will be validated in Turkey and allows Higher Educational Board of Turkey send their students for getting higher education in our university;
- international investigations of the ancient mines "Kartamysh", holding the international conferences "Problems of mining archeology";
- scientific research of ancient underground constructions on the territory of Ukraine and Poland, having performed by the scientists of DonSTU and Kracow Mining-Metallurgical Academy.
Wide and stable international relations of the university in the field of education and science promote spreading the students’ mental outlook and adoption process of their preparation to international requirements.
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (May 2010)|