Donbass Palace is the first 5-star hotel in Donetsk, that joined The Leading Hotels of the World (2005), and the Ukraine's leading business hotel in 2006 and 2007 according to the World Travel Awards Association.
Hotel "Donbass" has a long history; it was built in 1938 upon the project of N. Rechanikov and A.Shuvalova. During construction phase the project was redesigned by N. Porkhunov. Panteley Tamurov has been supervising the construction process. During the Nazi occupation of Donetsk Gestapo headquartered in the former hotel; the building was partially destroyed during the war time. In 1947 - 1949, the building was renovated, but the dome part was not restored due to lack of funds. In 1971, the Donbass Civil Engineering Institute conducted restoration works. The hotel was considered an architectural monument of the Donetsk region. On February 26, 2001, the old building was blown up. On May 15, 2004, a five star hotel "Donbass Palace" was open. The new building was slightly different from 1938 project. Currently Donbass Palace is owned by ESTA Group, which operates the real estate business of System Capital Management group.
Donbass Palace is located in the center of Donetsk, near Drama Theatre, the Opera House and commercial areas. The Hotel offers 129 luxury rooms with free Wi-Fi, cable TV, a minibar, a walk-in closet, and a private bathrooms. Facilities as well include an indoor pool, spa-center and fitness club. Donbass Palace Hotel has two a la carte restaurants, a Lobby Lounge and L'Opera hall functioning as a concert hall or a ball room. For business meetings, Hotel provides the Business Centre and two conference halls.
November 13, 2005 - “Ukraine’s Leading Hotel 2005”
September 20, 2006 - “Ukraine’s Leading Hotel 2006” and “Ukraine’s Leading Business Hotel 2006”
- During cornerstone laying in October 2001, Rinat Akhmetov has buried the time capsule.
- In 2008 Donbass Palace was a shooting area for screen adaptation of Dmitry Gerasimov' novel "Cross in the Circle"
- In 2009 a well-known Donetsk journalist Yevgeniy Yasenov published a book named Donbass Palace  dedicated to 5-year anniversary of the hotel
Players of football clubs
- "Donbass Palace Hotel: Donetsk, Ukraine hotel:". Lhw.com. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Ukraine's Leading Business Hotel 2007". World Travel Awards.
- "The "Donbass Palace" Hotel (Donetsk)". DICS.
- "Donbass Palace- best 5 stars hotel in Donetsk, Ukraine". Alldonetskhotels.com. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "эмброл инжинринг - отель донбасс-палас". Engine.embrol.com.ua. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- Kozlenko, Dennis (2006-12-13). "Гостиница «Донбасс-Палас» В ДОНЕЦКЕ. Фото разных лет" ['Donbass Palace' in Donetsk. Photos of different years] (in Russian). Infodon.org.ua. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- Kozachenko, Tatiana (2010-05-17). "Донецк / Факты / Отель 'Донбасс палас'" [Donestk Facts: Donbass Palace Hotel]. Geoid (in Russian). Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "About The Hotel · Donbass Palace". Donbasspalace.com. 2005-12-11. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "SCM - Our business - Sectors - Real estate". Scmholding.com. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "News & Events · Donbass Palace". Donbasspalace.com. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Гостиница "Донбасс". Через разрушение к звездам" (in Russian). Donbass.name. 2010-04-05. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- Top-POP (2008-09-29). "В «Донбасс-паласе» сняли «гостиничную мистику» ФОТО - Новости Донецка". KP.UA. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- Rudenko, Evgeny (2009-05-19). "Первые пять лет отеля пяти звезд | Новости Донбасса | В "Донбасс Паласе" презентовали книгу об истории гостиницы | СЕГОДНЯ" [First five years of a five-star hotel]. Segodnya (in Russian). Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "«Бывший повар Берлускони хотел остаться работать в Украине» / Виталий Хливнюк рассказал о гастрономических пристрастиях футболистов - постояльцев «Донбасс Паласа» / Футбол / www.sport.ua". Football.sport.ua. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- Donbass Palace official web page
- Opera Hotel
- Donbass Palace on Wikicommons
- ESTA Group hospitality business