Donegal Railway Centre
The Donegal Railway Heritage Centre commemorates the operations of the County Donegal Railways Committee which operated two narrow gauge railways in County Donegal from 1863 until 1959. The centre, opened in 1995 and housed in the old station house in Donegal Town, was restored by the County Donegal Railway Restoration Society. Today, it operates as a visitor attraction comprising a museum, information centre and shop. On display are rolling stock, historical artefacts and an audio-visual presentation on the railways’ history.
Rolling stock 
The centre owns several items of rolling stock, some awaiting restoration.
- Class 5 Locomotive, ‘’Drumboe’’ built 1936, awaiting restoration.
- Restored Series 2 Carriage #28 from 1893.
- Railcar #15, built 1936, awaiting restoration.
- Trailer #5, built 1929, awaiting restoration.
- Website of the County Donegal Railway Restoration Society
- Donegal Town Website
- Heritage Centre web page
- Kits for many of the passenger coaches and locomotives are produced by Worsley Works - website
|This European rail transport related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|