From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Dong (Chinese surname))
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (September 2010)|
Dǒng origins from:
- Zhu Rong (祝融) of Ji (己) family get surname Dong (董) on territory of Chu (state).
- Dongfu (董父) was descendant of ruler Shuan (叔安) in Chifeng, he married a daughter of Emperor Yao, use surname Dong (董).
- during the Zhou Dynasty, someone of government public official get surname Dong with Public Office name.
- during the Ming Dynasty, the Ming Government give the surname Dong (董) to the leader of the Jurchen.
Dong (董) people;
- Dong Feng (physician) ( 董奉), Eastern Han physician
- Dong Qiao (董橋), writer
- Dong Qichang (董其昌), Ming Dynasty painter, scholar, calligrapher, and art theorist
- Dong Yuan (董源), painter
- Dong Zhen (董贞), singer-songwriter
- Dong Zhongshu (董仲舒), Han Dynasty scholar
- Dong Zhuo (董卓), Warlord of the Han Dynasty
- Dong Yi General of the Qin Dynasty
- Dong Fuxiang (董福祥), Qing dynasty General
- Tung Chao Yung (董浩雲; Dong Haoyun), shipping magnate
- Dong Dong (董栋), trampoline gymnast, olympic gold medalist
- Dong Fangzhuo (董方卓), football striker
- Dong Fuxiang (董福祥), Qing dynasty general
- Dong Huling (董虎岭), taijiquan teacher
- Tung Chee Hwa (董建華; Dong Jianhua), first Chief Executive of Hong Kong
- Tung Ying-chieh (董英杰; Dong Yingjie), taijiquan teacher
- Đổng Trọng Thư (Dong Zhongshu). Vietnamese version
- Đồng Đệ Chu (Vietnamese version) and Tong Dizhou (English version). Cri.cn website.