|Donji Kraljevec Municipality
Općina Donji Kraljevec
|• Municipal mayor||Zlatko Horvat|
|• Total||36.34 km2 (14.03 sq mi)|
|• Density||130/km2 (330/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Postal code||40320 Donji Kraljevec|
Geography and demographics
In the 2011 census, the municipality had a population of 4,671. Of the entire population, a total of 4,843 people identified themselves as Croats during the 2001 census.
The village of Donji Kraljevec is located around 20 kilometres south-east of Čakovec, the county seat and largest city of Međimurje County, and just over 4 kilometres north-east of Prelog, the second largest city of the county. In the 2001 census, the village had a population of 1,694 and was also the largest village in the municipality.
In addition to Donji Kraljevec, there were five other villages belonging to the municipality during the 2011 census:
- Donji Hrašćan – 560 people
- Donji Pustakovec – 287 people
- Hodošan – 1,262 people
- Palinovec – 710 people
- Sveti Juraj u Trnju – 309 people
- Rudolf Steiner - philosopher
- "Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011, First Results by Settlements" (PDF). Statistical Reports (in Croatian and English) (Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics) (1441): 50. June 2011. ISSN 1332-0297. Retrieved 30 June 2011.
|This Međimurje County geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|