|Born||Donna Marie Vivino
February 22, 1978 (age 36)
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Donna Vivino is a musical theatre actress, singer, and dancer. She recently finished a one month run of the Off-Broadway production of Stars Of David at the Daryl Roth Theater, playing the roles of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Fran Drescher. She also recently finished a long run standby Elphaba in Wicked on Broadway, previously seen starring in the role on the 1st National Tour.
Donna is the niece of Floyd Vivino (aka "Uncle Floyd") and the daughter of Jerry Vivino, a member of the Jimmy Vivino and the Basic Cable Band. Vivino was raised in Fair Lawn, New Jersey, and graduated from Barnard College of Columbia University in New York City. Danny Vivino is her brother as well as Michael Vivino and sisters Antonia and Natalia.
Beautiful Dreamer, Album
Donna Vivino’s "Beautiful Dreamer" travels through personal history and musical eras. This recording features 13 songs that have resonated with Donna since childhood and embody her various interpretations of a “dream” – making her solo debut a thematically cohesive song-cycle, one that unfailingly captivates with its bountiful charms. Donna is accompanied by a world-class jazz quartet led by her father Jerry Vivino – longtime member of Conan O'Brien's house band – and pianist/arranger Mitch Forman. She rises to this occasion and offers astonishing, unique takes on songs by Rodgers and Hart, George and Ira Gershwin, Antônio Carlos Jobim, Randy Newman, and other legendary writers. Below is the track list:
1. When Day Is Done 2.Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered 3. Over The Rainbow 4. When She Loved Me 5. Castle On A Cloud 6. Rainy Days and Mondays 7. How Insensitive 8. Never Never Land 9. My Romance 10. I Wish You Love 11. Once You Lose Your Heart 12. They Can't Take That Away From Me 13. Beautiful Dreamer
All songs performed by Donna Vivino, arrangements by Mitchel Forman. Featuring Jerry Vivino (father) on flute, alto flute, tenor saxophone and clarinet; Mitchel Forman on piano and keyboards; Kevin Axt on upright bass and acoustic bass guitar; and Ray Brinker on drums and percussion. The album is available on iTunes, Amazon, and Sh-K-Boom Records.
Stars of David
Vivino performed in Stars Of David, which opened November 12 at the Daryl Roth Theatre. The show ran until December 15, and Donna was seen in roles such as Mandy, Ruth Ginsberg and Fran Drescher.
Vivino played a 20-month stint as Elphaba on the first national tour of hit musical Wicked. She joined the tour on October 30, 2007, serving as the standby for Carmen Cusack. Her first ever performance took place on December 26, 2007, and her first in the lead role on November 5, 2008. She starred alongside Katie Rose Clarke and later Chandra Lee Schwartz as Glinda. Her final performance took place on July 4, 2010. On August 23, 2011, Donna took over the position of Elphaba standby on Broadway, replacing Jennifer DiNoia. She first covered during the absence of lead Teal Wicks on the matinee of September 14. Jackie Burns replaced Wicks once her contract ended. Incidentally, Burns was Vivino's replacement on the national tour. Vivino has been re-united with Clarke (who reprises her lead role) while performing as standby. Vivino went on for Burns the last two weeks of Burns' contract while she was suffering from the flu. She then went on standby for Willemijn Verkaik and then for Lindsay Mendez. She left the show on November 3, 2013, and will be seen soon in Stars of David off-Broadway at the Daryl Roth Theatre.
- Wicked as Elphaba standby (August 23, 2011 – November 3, 2013)
- Martin Short: Fame Becomes Me as Comedy All-Star (2006)
- Hairspray as Shelley and understudy Tracy Turnblad (2006)
- Saturday Night Fever in the ensemble
- Les Misérables, Original Broadway Cast, as Young Cosette (1987–88)
- Stars Of David, as Mandy, Ruth Ginsberg, and Fran Drescher
- Sleeping Beauty Wakes, as Cheryl Dourado
- Grease, as Rizzo
- The Opposite Of Sex, as Bobette Kulp
- A... My Name Is Alice, Woman #2
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, as Narrator
- Wicked, 1st national, as Elphaba (November 5, 2008 – July 2010)
- Wicked, 1st national, as Elphaba standby (October 3, 2007 – November 4, 2008)
- Hairspray, 1st national, as Shelley (2003–04)
Workshops and readings
- Legally Blonde, as Enid Hoops
- Dancing Under Water, as Girl Next Door
- Terezin, as Lorelei
- Tarzan, as Storyteller
- Owl Creek, as Shiloh
Television and film
- Submissions Only
- A Gifted Man (CBS) 2012
- All My Children
- The Sopranos (Heather Dante final episode)
- MTV's MADE—Herself
- Married to It
- Everyday People
- My Sassy Girl
- Database (undated). "Donna Vivino". Internet Movie Database. Accessed January 18, 2010.
- Belkin, Lisa. "Savvy 7-year-old acts like a real pro", Lawrence Journal-World, January 5, 1986. Accessed February 8, 2011. "FAIR LAWN, N.J. - The actress 49 inches tall, 7 years old and missing three teeth - stood in the center of her den and patiently explained the difference between television commercials and real life."
- Staff writer (undated). "Biography". donnavivino.com. Retrieved January 18, 2010.