|Full name||Donny Budiarto Utomo|
|Born||13 March 1979|
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||55 kg (121 lb)|
Donny Budiarto Utomo (born March 13, 1979) is an Indonesian swimmer, who specialized in butterfly events. He is a former multiple-time national record holder for the men's butterfly, and a six-time medalist at the Southeast Asian Games. He is also a two-time defending champion for the 200 m butterfly, before losing out to Malaysia's Daniel Bego at the 2007 Southeast Asian Games in Bangkok, Thailand.
Utomo made his official debut at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, where he competed in the men's 200 m butterfly. Swimming in heat one, he edged out Honduras' Roy Barahona to take a second spot and thirty-third overall by 0.28 of a second in 2:05.71.
At the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, Utomo qualified again for the 200 m butterfly. After winning a silver medal from SEA Games in Bangkok, Thailand, his entry time of 2:00.81 was officially accredited under a FINA B-standard. He challenged seven other swimmers in heat two, including his former rival James Walsh of the Philippines, and four-time Olympian Vladan Marković of the newly independent nation Serbia. He rounded out the field to last place by 0.32 of a second behind Markovic with a slowest time of 2:03.44. Utomo failed to advance into the semifinals, as he placed forty-fourth overall in the preliminaries.
- "Donny Utomo". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- "RI swimming in confidence for SEA Games pool events". The Jakarta Post. 23 November 2007. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- "Men's 200m Butterfly Heat 1". Athens 2004. BBC Sport. 16 August 2004. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- Thomas, Stephen (16 August 2004). "Men’s 200 Butterfly, Prelims Day 3: Michael Phelps and Japan’s Yamamoto Tie As Fastest Qualifiers; Tom Malchow will be there too". Swimming World Magazine. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- "Olympic Cut Sheet – Men's 200m Butterfly" (PDF). Swimming World Magazine. p. 37. Retrieved 9 April 2013.
- Lines, Chris (11 December 2007). "Indonesia's Wibowo claims sprint double". New York Times. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- "Men's 200m Butterfly Heat 2". Beijing 2008. NBC Olympics. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- Afriatni, Ami (29 March 2010). "Luck, Skill Spark Indonesian Swimmer’s Olympic Dream". Jakarta Globe. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
|This biographical article related to an Indonesian swimmer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|