From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Origin||Fiordland National Park|
|Mouth||Lake Te Anau|
|Basin countries||New Zealand|
|Length||10 km (6.2 mi)|
|Mouth elevation||204 m (669 ft)|
In 2002, the rainfall at Doon River was 8,719 mm, the highest in that year of any area in New Zealand with a regularly reporting rain gauge.
- Peter Dowling (editor) (2004). Reed New Zealand Atlas. Reed Books. Map 97. ISBN 0-7900-0952-8.
- Discover New Zealand:A Wises Guide (9th ed.). 1994. p. 444.
- "McKINNON, Quintin McPherson". An Encyclopaedia of New Zealand. 1966. Retrieved 15 August 2009.
- "Climate Summary for 2002". National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research. 9 January 2003. Retrieved 15 August 2009.
- Land Information New Zealand - Search for Place Names
|This Southland Region geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|