The Doordarshi Party (Hindi: दूरदर्शी) also written as Door Darshi Party) was a political party in India. It was founded in Ahmedabad on 24 March 1980 by religious leader Baba Jai Gurudev on a platform of social reform and spiritual growth. The party did not receive significant support and withdrew from electoral politics in 1997.
Doordarshi Party Manifesto
The Doordarshi Party campaigned with pledges to address issues including:
- Reform of the Constitution of India
- Release of innocent people in prison
- Employment for every educated youth
- Abolition of octroi taxes
- Exemption of farmers from repayment of loans for agricultural purposes
- Limiting elected politicians to a single tenure of five years with enforced retirement at age 60
- Sale of lossmaking nationalized industries
- Clampdown on black money
- Lowering of the retirement age to 60, with immediate payment of all pension fund entitlement
- Banning labour union involvement in politics
- Introduction of a dowry system acceptable to all
- Intellectuals shall be given due respect that they deserve.
- India should pay off all loans
- All nations should regard India as the supreme power.
- The respect and dignity of employees & officials should be restored.
|Year||Seats contested||Won||% of votes|
|This article about an Indian political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|