From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A doorman, also known as doorkeeper, is someone who is posted at, and often guards, a door, or by extension another entrance (specific similar terms exist, e.g. Gatekeeper, Hall porter)
Specific uses include:
- Doorman (profession)
- Bouncer (doorman), mainly security
- Usher, often ceremonial
- Ostiary, ecclesiastical minor order
- Doorkeeper badged officer of the United Kingdom Houses of Parliament
- Doorkeeper of the United States House of Representatives
- "Doorman" (song), a rock song by Stereophonics from the album Language. Sex. Violence. Other?
- Doorman (software), an HTTP proxy that uses OAuth for authentication and authorization.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2012)|
- Doorman (surname)
- Doorman (comics), a Marvel Comics fictional superhero
- SS Doorman, a Second World War Dutch merchant ship
- Doorman (Kunduz), a village in Kunduz Province in Afghanistan
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.